• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

Earl Timberlake in the portal.  We’ve had previous success with that last name.  
Any chance we can make him an offer he can’t refuse to play for Towson!?

I'm not stopping this thread, but apparently, we won't be bringing in a transfer at this time. I get bringing Jaiden Cole back, because there is upside there in terms of length and athletic ability. Hicks has had several concussions but hasn't graduated yet. It's tough to just nudge him off the team and reportedly, he's been cleared. But the Paar thing I don't get. Clumsy big with bad knees who graduated. I assume Watson is the odd man out because somebody has to go to clear the way for both freshmen to come in.

This also puts a ton of pressure on 6-9 Caleb Embeya. I think offensively, he has a chance to be better than Charles right away, but defense and staying away from fouling too much is almost always an issue for young big men. The good thing is that he's athletic enough to switch and smaller players and not hurt you.

https://x.com/Towson_MBB/status/1778498591503343693

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I'm not stopping this thread, but apparently, we won't be bringing in a transfer at this time. I get bringing Jaiden Cole back, because there is upside there in terms of length and athletic ability. Hicks has had several concussions but hasn't graduated yet. It's tough to just nudge him off the team and reportedly, he's been cleared. But the Paar thing I don't get. Clumsy big with bad knees who graduated. I assume Watson is the odd man out because somebody has to go to clear the way for both freshmen to come in.

This also puts a ton of pressure on 6-9 Caleb Embeya. I think offensively, he has a chance to be better than Charles right away, but defense and staying away from fouling too much is almost always an issue for young big men. The good thing is that he's athletic enough to switch and smaller players and not hurt you.

I get it, but I also don't get it. My feelings on Pat as a coach put aside, it is nice to see the loyalty these student athletes have to him and the university. Refreshing in this day and age, and maybe we can stop hearing some folks on here bitch and complain about NIL. But there were at least 3 players who are marginal (being nice) contributors, that have been here for 3 years... Whether it be ability, or availability, they are what they are, and that's 9-12 on the bench... With or without Watson, and assuming you are correct, and he leaves, this team is still missing pieces. If this team was very good last year and lost on a fluke, running it back is great. This is questionable at best, while they did win like 19 games, there were some major holes that could have been filled in the portal.  

19 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

If true, this is a complete fail. Sorry, loyalty is a wonderful quality in a dog, but this is a business. Let’s look at some of the guys he’s bringing back:

Jones. Unathletic. Averaged what, 6ppg. May already have his degree, so moving him on down the line wouldn’t have hurt the young man in that regard;

Hicks. He’s one strong breeze from missing all of next season, like he missed all this season. Even when healthy, he’s a “meh,” on the court;

Cole. Despite my high hopes for him, he showed very little in his limited playing time last season;

Coleman. D2…maybe;

Paar. The best, or worst, for last. Well, he’s big, but that’s about it. He can’t shoot, you can’t throw him a pass, for fear it’ll clank off his hands, he can’t hedge on defense. Frankly, I’m not sure what he’s good at. Plus, he’s very likely has graduated, so why, why, why bring him back????? You mean to tell me there’s no one better than him in the portal? C’mon. 

There’s a real problem here. Is the coach just going through the motions? Why is he seemingly paralyzed in terms of making roster changes? And, if he’s really going to run Watson off…WTF???? The one guy who’s got athleticism and has proven he can score. The university pays for his room, board, classes, surgery and rehab, only to kick him to the curb, while keeping the players listed above?

These incoming freshmen better be damn good, or next year could be a real fiasco 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If true, this is a complete fail. Sorry, loyalty is a wonderful quality in a dog, but this is a business. Let’s look at some of the guys he’s bringing back:

Jones. Unathletic. Averaged what, 6ppg. May already have his degree, so moving him on down the line wouldn’t have hurt the young man in that regard;

Hicks. He’s one strong breeze from missing all of next season, like he missed all this season. Even when healthy, he’s a “meh,” on the court;

Cole. Despite my high hopes for him, he showed very little in his limited playing time last season;

Coleman. D2…maybe;

Paar. The best, or worst, for last. Well, he’s big, but that’s about it. He can’t shoot, you can’t throw him a pass, for fear it’ll clank off his hands, he can’t hedge on defense. Frankly, I’m not sure what he’s good at. Plus, he’s very likely has graduated, so why, why, why bring him back????? You mean to tell me there’s no one better than him in the portal? C’mon. 

There’s a real problem here. Is the coach just going through the motions? Why is he seemingly paralyzed in terms of making roster changes? And, if he’s really going to run Watson off…WTF???? The one guy who’s got athleticism and has proven he can score. The university pays for his room, board, classes, surgery and rehab, only to kick him to the curb, while keeping the players listed above?

These incoming freshmen better be damn good, or next year could be a real fiasco 

Thanks for taking my place.🤣  You're going to get crushed here, lol.  I can see it now, that one guy 2024 "Diz da Probz with U fake bluffin fanz!  Entire cRew Returns for 1 last RiDe (or Die) and U guyz are upset! Wat do you want?? To win more den 18 games!?"

Since we are using names, yes, Coleman, Paar and Hicks are questionable returnees.  Watson thing is concerning, though coming off ACL surgery, the athleticism won't be the same, but still likely better than anything we have.  Obviously with the bigger names not even entering portal (with potential to come back), is something.  Glass half full for some, Glass half empty for others. Me?  It's just more of the same, enjoy the 18-13 record and epic choke in the CAAT.

there is no way, if he has to choose to boot someone, its watson??? like what