• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t you mean, allez avec Dieu? 

😂

But in all seriousness, him and Charles are subbed out for the incoming two freshmen so scholarships are all used. There are 2-3 non d1 players on this team and another total question mark. Not great. 

On the bright side maybe the staff, instead of worrying about finding replacement players in the portal, is working non stop on developing an offensive game plan. Who am I kidding… they aren’t. 

Without naming names (which, in the interest of full disclosure, I’ve already mentioned) we have, in my estimation, 5 players who either aren’t D1 caliber, or are barely (low level) D1. So, don’t include me in the camp that is satisfied that we’re “running it back “ with the same crew as last season. Change may be unpleasant in many cases, but is often necessary. If we remain stagnant, the risk of falling behind may increase, perhaps significantly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Without naming names (which, in the interest of full disclosure, I’ve already mentioned) we have, in my estimation, 5 players who either aren’t D1 caliber, or are barely (low level) D1. So, don’t include me in the camp that is satisfied that we’re “running it back “ with the same crew as last season. Change may be unpleasant in many cases, but is often necessary. If we remain stagnant, the risk of falling behind may increase, perhaps significantly. 

Now the main point here is, we don’t get Rahdir Hicks back playin’ ball, we don’t have a prayer!  If he switches over to UMBC, we’re in big trouble!

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Sucks we never got to see what Marcus could do for us 

Maybe one of our diaper dandies makes us forget about Marcus?  
We will be playing the youngsters even more come 2024-24’

Already discussing a t-shirt design with baby tigers 🐯 on it.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Uncw adds another good player. 10-7 a game BIG from Niagara.  The rest of the CAA is playing for 3rd behind the hawks and cougars 

I had Ballo lined up for us and then he goes and signs with Indiana.  Told him no Mali 🇲🇱 restaurants in Bloomington but he didn’t listen. 

Speaking with an individual highly involved with NIL & College 🏀 today. 
If players don’t live up to their NIL contracts with respect to their play on the floor they can be yanked quickly and we are seeing this in the portal now.  Players won’t disclose what happened but many have been dumped for performance which I get.  SEC schools now average $20-30 million in NIL reserves.