• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

Amari Williams to Kentucky.  Wow, I know I’m one that’s never been impressed by him And believe he was vastly overrated but Kentucky?! He had trouble with Charles freaking Thompson!

Saint Mary’s the once solid respectable mid major has now lost 5 players due to lack of NIL funds.   Incoming freshman Sensley just got out of his letter of intent and I’m told getting offered $200k by an agent who will find him another school.  
Banging a drum here but maybe Towson’s approach right now to recruiting is the way to go considering lack of NIL money! 

On 4/22/2024 at 10:38 AM, Bay Area Tiger said:

Portal up to 1700 now.   May 1st ends.  Even without massive NIL funds many of these players need to find homes.  Mind boggling figure. 

There simply aren’t enough D1 teams to soak up 1,700+ transfers, at least I don’t think. I mean that would come out to an average of what, each D1 team picking up 5 transfers. I guess some will go D2; some will scramble back to their original school. We all hear about the players who transfer to other D1 teams, but I wonder what happens to the ones who are left looking for a dance partner when the music stops?

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

There simply aren’t enough D1 teams to soak up 1,700+ transfers, at least I don’t think. I mean that would come out to an average of what, each D1 team picking up 5 transfers. I guess some will go D2; some will scramble back to their original school. We all hear about the players who transfer to other D1 teams, but I wonder what happens to the ones who are left looking for a dance partner when the music stops?

And that doesn't take into account the D2/D3/Juco players who move up (and dominant, as long as they play between Meeting & King Streets 😂). If there are ever some looking for a partner when the music stops, there's always PFO at TU!

Obviously 1,700 aren't all scholarships, but 13 scholarships x 351 teams is 4,563. So we are looking at ~ 40% in the portal.  College sports has quickly become s*it!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

And that doesn't take into account the D2/D3/Juco players who move up (and dominant, as long as they play between Meeting & King Streets 😂). If there are ever some looking for a partner when the music stops, there's always PFO at TU!

Obviously 1,700 aren't all scholarships, but 13 scholarships x 351 teams is 4,563. So we are looking at ~ 40% in the portal.  College sports has quickly become s*it!!

So, not all 1,700 + are leaving D1 schools, as there are probably hundreds from d2 & NAIA. But let’s say 1,100 or so are D1, which would be basically 25% of all D1 players being in the portal. Really more, if you factor in that some of those 4,563 have exhausted their eligibility and can’t come back next season 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Oh boy.  Riordan HS in SF.  
He was originally committed to USF and then a relative who was on the coaching staff left.   Definitely a project but as we know you can’t teach size.  Got some minutes for Hawaii 🌺 this past season.  If no NIL money required then sure go get em.