• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

Do we have an open scholarship? 

At the moment, no. If they find someone they like who won’t cost NIL, they might make a move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

At the moment, no. If they find someone they like who won’t cost NIL, they might make a move.

I’m not a fan of Prolific Prep the school attended after this young man left Riordan HS.  Yes they recruit a ton of talent but USF currently has a big on their roster from there who started at Georgia Tech and has been a mess since.  “Me Me Me” types. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

If it means one of the end of bench guys gets replaced, the new player can have whatever's currently in my wallet (not much) in NIL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If it means one of the end of bench guys gets replaced, the new player can have whatever's currently in my wallet (not much) in NIL

Isn’t it crab 🦀 season??  A bushel on my dime to the player’s family 😉

9 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Oh boy.  Riordan HS in SF.  
He was originally committed to USF and then a relative who was on the coaching staff left.   Definitely a project but as we know you can’t teach size.  Got some minutes for Hawaii 🌺 this past season.  If no NIL money required then sure go get em. 

“…..you can’t teach size.”

Add that to the long list of things Skerry is unable to do. 

(sorry, I couldn’t help myself)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Would be a big blow for uncw and the league.  Really wish we could add one or two more players to this roster 

I didn’t see this one coming. I assumed UNCW, being a basketball only school, with what I assumed is a passionate fan base, had deep enough NIL pockets to bribe White into staying, at say $50,000 or so. Assuming he leaves, I suppose it stands for the proposition that even a well funded CAA program can’t compete with the dollars offered by a motivated P5 school. 

As for us adding 1 or 2 players, I’m skeptical. Even if we do, are they going to move the needle? I doubt we can persuade any D1 player who averaged in double digits to come here. It may very well be that Holden, who we got right before NIL exploded, will be the last D1 portal guy to come here (maybe not forever, but then again who knows) who averaged in double digits at his previous school. So, that leaves us fighting for scraps from the D2/NAIA bargain bin. If that means more Sylla and Suliaman types, what difference does it make. I don’t include JUCO, as I can’t remember the last time we brought a JUCO in. 

What I find interesting is that if you glance at the players our assistant coaches are following in their respective twitter accounts, there’s a lot of foreign big men, which I assume is because foreign players are not allowed, under U.S. immigration law, to partake in NIL. 

30 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I didn’t see this one coming. I assumed UNCW, being a basketball only school, with what I assumed is a passionate fan base, had deep enough NIL pockets to bribe White into staying, at say $50,000 or so. Assuming he leaves, I suppose it stands for the proposition that even a well funded CAA program can’t compete with the dollars offered by a motivated P5 school. 

As for us adding 1 or 2 players, I’m skeptical. Even if we do, are they going to move the needle? I doubt we can persuade any D1 player who averaged in double digits to come here. It may very well be that Holden, who we got right before NIL exploded, will be the last D1 portal guy to come here (maybe not forever, but then again who knows) who averaged in double digits at his previous school. So, that leaves us fighting for scraps from the D2/NAIA bargain bin. If that means more Sylla and Suliaman types, what difference does it make. I don’t include JUCO, as I can’t remember the last time we brought a JUCO in. 

What I find interesting is that if you glance at the players our assistant coaches are following in their respective twitter accounts, there’s a lot of foreign big men, which I assume is because foreign players are not allowed, under U.S. immigration law, to partake in NIL. 

Agents are now throwing these incoming HS players $200-$300k just to represent them.  

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I would take a mid Major player who scored 7 points a game over what our last 3-4 players on bench currently…. 
Don’t need to move the needle far, the CAA will be bad next year with almost every good player leaving. We just need to move it far enough and hope that Chris Mack and skerry get suspended for the CAAT 😂 

• Like 1