• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

2023-2024 All CAA Teams along with their new schools/graduation status. Lots of changes..        

All-CAA First Team

Ante Brzovic Charleston Same
Xander Rice Monmouth Graduation
Tyler Thomas Hofstra Graduation
Trazarien White UNCW Portal TBD
Amari Williams Drexel Kentucky

All-CAA Second Team  
Jyáre Davis Delaware Syracuse
Anthony Dell’Orso Campbell Portal TBD
Darlinstone Dubar Hofstra Tennesse
Reyne Smith Charleston Louisville
Tyler Stephenson-Moore Stony Brook Graduation

All-CAA Third Team  
Ben Burnham Charleston Virginia Tech
Landon Glasper North Carolina A&T Portal TBD
Justin Moore Drexel Loyola Chicago
Shykeim Phillips UNCW Graduation
Charles Thompson Towson Graduation

CAA All-Rookie Team  
Nick Dorn Elon Same
James Scott Charleston Portal TBD
Tyler Tejada Towson Same
Jaret Valencia Monmouth Same
Dylan Williamson Towson Same

CAA All-Defensive Team  
Jaquan Carlos Hofstra Syracuse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CofC will look completely different next year. All new Coach and players. For our sake hopefully they fall off from where they had been under Kelsey

I think most college coaches hate this portal deal but of course they have to follow the current new landscape of college basketball.  
Safe to say these new sleazy agents love the portal and the havoc they can wreak on the sport.  Very disappointed in the NCAA right now..  this is so out of control now.  

33 minutes ago, Blounge said:

CofC will look completely different next year. All new Coach and players. For our sake hopefully they fall off from where they had been under Kelsey

Brzovic is back, Mack is a good coach and they brought some transfers in. Still going to be at the top of the league,

Obviously things can and will change but as of now, below is currently the top numbers of scorers from last season that teams are losing, due to graduation or transfer:

Charleston- 1,3,4,5,6,7,8

Elon- 2,3,6,7

Drexel- 1,2,3,4,5,9,10

Hofstra- 1,2,3,4,6,8

UNCW- 1,2,3,4,5,6

Delaware - 1,2,5,6

Stony Brook- 1,2,3,4,5

Monmouth- 1,3,5,8

Campbell- 1,2,7,9

NE- 1,2,5,9

Hampton- 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

A&T- 1,4,9

WM- 2,5,6,8

Towson- 5

• Like 1

First of all, even though I want to see one more tournament title before I pass, I'm depressed about the state of mid-major basketball after the loss of Trazerian White. UNCW or Towson or pretty much any school outside of Charleston, has no real chance of keeping a player of that magnitude. I'm surprised it took him that long to decide, because I assume he's going to get more than Timberlake (low 6 figures). Unlike some of these other transfers (Jyare Davis to Syracuse), who are going for the money and are rotation players at best at that level, White is good enough to start at the 3 along with Dubar (even though both were 4s in the CAA 4-guard hemisphere) at most high major schools. 

We have some NIL, but we're using it to retain players. That's pretty much what was said on that zoom call last year with Richard Kent. The key to mid-majors in this new climate is to retain your top talent. But there are transfers out there who can help. The problem lies with what type of player can you get with no money and can they help you right away? I'm looking at the 5 and combo guard as the biggest needs. Embeya is going to need help and will likely get in foul trouble. I just don't see Paar/M. Jones as the answer if you need a guy who can play 15mpg at center. 

In the backcourt, assuming Radhir Hicks returns from his concussion (he's had multiple), then you still need another player who can play the point because Hicks, even in a backup role, Tarke isn't him and Lowery, while probably getting a bigger role this season, is still learning at the point or point forward. 

It's possible we stand Pat, but in a year where the league is now wide f-ing open, we need to put the best possible team on the floor that money can't buy. 

Having eye surgery next week and two weeks after that. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see the team in early June when Embeya and Ndefo arrive. Embeya, IMO, is the most important freshman addition in years. He needs to be good enough to replace Charles at the 5 and I think you'll get a more athletic and more skilled player even to start. But rebounding and defense will be huge concerns, especially with more of a four-game lineup expected.

Now, we'll never know what Marcus Watson would have turned out to be and Tarke's half year was disappointing to say the least. Those are players with skills above a Sulaiman, M. Jones, N. Russell, Sylla, who were transfers from the previous two classes. 

C Embeya, Paar, Jones

PF Tejada, Sulaiman, Coleman

SF Lowery, Ndefo

SG May, Tarke, Cole

PG Williamson, Hicks, Tarke

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

First of all, even though I want to see one more tournament title before I pass, I'm depressed about the state of mid-major basketball after the loss of Trazerian White. UNCW or Towson or pretty much any school outside of Charleston, has no real chance of keeping a player of that magnitude. I'm surprised it took him that long to decide, because I assume he's going to get more than Timberlake (low 6 figures). Unlike some of these other transfers (Jyare Davis to Syracuse), who are going for the money and are rotation players at best at that level, White is good enough to start at the 3 along with Dubar (even though both were 4s in the CAA 4-guard hemisphere) at most high major schools. 

We have some NIL, but we're using it to retain players. That's pretty much what was said on that zoom call last year with Richard Kent. The key to mid-majors in this new climate is to retain your top talent. But there are transfers out there who can help. The problem lies with what type of player can you get with no money and can they help you right away? I'm looking at the 5 and combo guard as the biggest needs. Embeya is going to need help and will likely get in foul trouble. I just don't see Paar/M. Jones as the answer if you need a guy who can play 15mpg at center. 

In the backcourt, assuming Radhir Hicks returns from his concussion (he's had multiple), then you still need another player who can play the point because Hicks, even in a backup role, Tarke isn't him and Lowery, while probably getting a bigger role this season, is still learning at the point or point forward. 

It's possible we stand Pat, but in a year where the league is now wide f-ing open, we need to put the best possible team on the floor that money can't buy. 

Having eye surgery next week and two weeks after that. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to see the team in early June when Embeya and Ndefo arrive. Embeya, IMO, is the most important freshman addition in years. He needs to be good enough to replace Charles at the 5 and I think you'll get a more athletic and more skilled player even to start. But rebounding and defense will be huge concerns, especially with more of a four-game lineup expected.

Now, we'll never know what Marcus Watson would have turned out to be and Tarke's half year was disappointing to say the least. Those are players with skills above a Sulaiman, M. Jones, N. Russell, Sylla, who were transfers from the previous two classes. 

C Embeya, Paar, Jones

PF Tejada, Sulaiman, Coleman

SF Lowery, Ndefo

SG May, Tarke, Cole

PG Williamson, Hicks, Tarke

Embeya doesn't need to be as good as Charles, atleast to start.  The intangibles outweighed the skill. But we really need him to stay on the court and out of foul trouble.  Too bad we can't exchange 2 of the PF/C's on your depth chart..

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

2023-2024 All CAA Teams along with their new schools/graduation status. Lots of changes..        

All-CAA First Team

Ante Brzovic Charleston Same
Xander Rice Monmouth Graduation
Tyler Thomas Hofstra Graduation
Trazarien White UNCW Portal TBD

All-CAA Second Team  
Jyáre Davis Delaware Syracuse
Anthony Dell’Orso Campbell Portal TBD
Darlinstone Dubar Hofstra Tennesse
Reyne Smith Charleston Louisville
Tyler Stephenson-Moore Stony Brook Graduation

All-CAA Third Team  
Ben Burnham Charleston Virginia Tech
Landon Glasper North Carolina A&T Portal TBD
Justin Moore Drexel Loyola Chicago

CAA All-Rookie Team  
Nick Dorn Elon Same
James Scott Charleston Portal TBD
Tyler Tejada Towson Same
Dylan Williamson Towson Same

CAA All-Defensive Team  
Jaquan Carlos Hofstra Syracuse

If you require any more proof that NIL has basically killed mid major basketball, of the 15 top CAA players last season, based on 1st, 2nd and 3rd team all conference selections, 10 of them were eligible to return & play this upcoming season. 9 of the 10 entered the portal. And the one who did return, entered the portal then withdrew. While concededly not a math major, that’s 90% who bolted. So, what we have here is a perpetual hampster on the spinning wheel, where mid majors who have successful years will have to rebuild every year. That includes mid majors who bring in successful portal players, as they either only have 1 year of eligibility, or, if they have more than one year, they’ll kick their existing school to the curb, in the never ending money chase. Frankly, I wonder how these guys who go to a different school each year ever actually graduate. The other big scam is the “graduate transfer.” I’d love to see how many of those guys actually get a masters degree. I suspect the answer is very few. 

35 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If you require any more proof that NIL has basically killed mid major basketball, of the 15 top CAA players last season, based on 1st, 2nd and 3rd team all conference selections, 10 of them were eligible to return & play this upcoming season. 9 of the 10 entered the portal. And the one who did return, entered the portal then withdrew. While concededly not a math major, that’s 90% who bolted. So, what we have here is a perpetual hampster on the spinning wheel, where mid majors who have successful years will have to rebuild every year. That includes mid majors who bring in successful portal players, as they either only have 1 year of eligibility, or, if they have more than one year, they’ll kick their existing school to the curb, in the never ending money chase. Frankly, I wonder how these guys who go to a different school each year ever actually graduate. The other big scam is the “graduate transfer.” I’d love to see how many of those guys actually get a masters degree. I suspect the answer is very few. 

Yup. Seen some guys out there 4 schools in 5 years or even better 5 schools in 6 years.  (Estrada from Hofstra is one who has been all over the country) There was one this week who started at Gardner Webb, transferred to Vanderbilt, then to Georgia State and then back to Gardner Webb. There's no way all of those credits transferred and re-transferred.  But this is what people wanted, players, sorry I mean STUDENT athletes, to have all the power and make money "Legally" and transfer with no consequences.  Great lessons taught, if you don't play just leave. That'll work out well in the real world... 

With that said coaches need to and can win now with the portal. Shouldn't be seeing massive year extensions anymore at this level

• Like 2