• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024-25 Transfer Thread

Bottom line is that he has starting experience and if you need Embeya to come off the bench to start the season, he's serviceable. He's long enough to play center (7-0 wingspan) and a pretty good athlete, who can switch on smaller, quicker players and not be abused. Doesn't change the game, but you aren't getting a dominant big with no or little NIL. They recruited Embeya, another local player, to play right away. You get a Maryland kid with two years away and hope that he can improve some of his offensive skills, while contributing on the boards and defensive end.

• Like 1

If Embeya is as good as advertised, Samb isn’t a bad pickup, as Embeya’s backup. On paper he appears to be an upgrade over the player who’s roster spot he’s taking 

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If Embeya is as good as advertised, Samb isn’t a bad pickup, as Embeya’s backup. On paper he appears to be an upgrade over the player who’s roster spot he’s taking 

Looks like an even trade. Doesn’t move needle either way. Upside would be he seems more durable than paar

• Like 1

Not a game-changer but a necessity to add a veteran center who played D1 minutes with more agility than CP and can fill in when Embeya gets in foul trouble. I like the fact that we have two athletic centers for the first time maybe ever. I heard comparisons with TJ Parker-Rivera and Samb. I do see the length and similar size. Not sure he's that athletic because TJ had some great bounce. Or maybe I'm just not used to seeing that in our post players (Tunstall certainly as well).

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Looks like an even trade. Doesn’t move needle either way. Upside would be he seems more durable than paar

I’ll take this guy over the other guy every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. This guy isn’t Kareem or Wilt, nor, as a backup, does he have to be. By my way of thinking, just replacing the other guy is addition by subtraction 

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see how much we miss Charles. Defense, mainly from the post, and rebounding could be a slight decrease, but offense and finishing around the basket, FT shooting and perimeter shooting should improve. Not saying it’s good or bad not having #32 out there for the first time in five years. Just different.

The Horizon is a solid conference but IUPUI was one of the worst teams in all of Division 1 last year.  In fact, the Horizon was home to two of the worst Division 1 teams last year -- IUPUI and Detroit, who went 1-31 with their only win coming against...you guessed it, IUPUI.  Let's hope this guy was just a small ingredient in that poor of a team and a change of scenery and culture will suit him well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Horizon is a solid conference.  
This kid shot 62% from the field and more importantly 69% from the charity stripe 

👏

Lol the team won 3 games