• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

16 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I dont know why but I think I have gotten sadder. What a disaster. Lol. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN hurts every time. With a healthy Watson, man we coulda overcame the hump this year. 

Up 7 with 3:30 left and the ball... 😣

22 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

so who was the moment too big for?

If you watched, looked to be everyone. Deer in a headlight look for everyone on Towson's side. It almost seemed as a "Shit we shouldn't be in this position and we didn't plan for it! What now?!"   Stall ball, not attacking or even getting shots off, airballing a shot, Charles picking up the 5th foul, all proved detrimental.  To be fair, Charleston made some winning plays at the end. It wasn't just us throwing up all over ourselves, but a large portion of it was.

TCU, led by Jamie Dixon, went 9.5 minutes into their game before their first point.  They also went another 5+ minutes without scoring.  8-47 from the field and 0-10 from three mid way through the second half. At least we know where Skerry gets his gameplan from..

• Haha 1

What’s even more disheartening is that there’s not much chance that help is coming through that door in the form of recruitment. 

What’s the old Bill Parcels quote? “If you want me to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries.”  Well, the groceries that Pat Skerry has been “buying” tend to be the leftovers and scraps from other programs and lately the groceries have been rotten. 

How often is Towson a player’s first choice? Pat only recruits the players that he considers to be good fits for HIS preferred style of offense, which I think we all agree is a dreadful style of offense. So to think we’re going to magically get a slashing guard or high-flying explosive 3 or 4, probably not going to happen. I feel like we’re too often everyone’s “backup” school or fallback option. 

If I’m a decent recruit and Pat is pitching me and my parents in my living room one of the first questions I would ask (after “how much will I make from NIL at Towson?”) would be, “hey Coach how many times have you taken Towson to the NCAA tournament?”

In the ruthless world of recruiting beggars can’t be choosers and right now I think Pat is more beggar than a chooser. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

What’s even more disheartening is that there’s not much chance that help is coming through that door in the form of recruitment. 

What’s the old Bill Parcels quote? “If you want me to cook the dinner, let me buy the groceries.”  Well, the groceries that Pat Skerry has been “buying” tend to be the leftovers and scraps from other programs and lately the groceries have been rotten. 

How often is Towson a player’s first choice? Pat only recruits the players that he considers to be good fits for HIS preferred style of offense, which I think we all agree is a dreadful style of offense. So to think we’re going to magically get a slashing guard or high-flying explosive 3 or 4, probably not going to happen. I feel like we’re too often everyone’s “backup” school or fallback option. 

If I’m a decent recruit and Pat is pitching me and my parents in my living room one of the first questions I would ask (after “how much will I make from NIL at Towson?”) would be, “hey Coach how many times have you taken Towson to the NCAA tournament?”

In the ruthless world of recruiting beggars can’t be choosers and right now I think Pat is more beggar than a chooser. 

He’s had some solid recruits recently and we get Watson healthy for the 2024-2025 season.  I just think with his overall deficiency in development of players and X’s/O’s we need to add an assistant coach of some sorts and land a big time front court transfer or we may dip into the bottom of the CAA next season as the rest of bunch will be better.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

22 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s had some solid recruits recently and we get Watson healthy for the 2024-2025 season.  I just think with his overall deficiency in development of players and X’s/O’s we need to add an assistant coach of some sorts and land a big time front court transfer or we may dip into the bottom of the CAA next season as the rest of bunch will be better.  

They could be 4 and 5 stars and he would still f it up. 58 points ain’t winning you games in march. 
Idk Hofstra is gonna lose a lot, ne may have new coach and have been bad for a few years. Wm and Hampton new coaches.  Drexel losing a lot.  Stony Brook had a ton, like 6 of their top 7 as grad students. Elon will be better. Uncw will be uncw.  And Charleston well, they lose next to nothing. That core is full of juniors.
 Obviously with portal is yet to be seen. But if I can bet 50k on us not making to the finals, we can get closer to getting this coach packing!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

They could be 4 and 5 stars and he would still f it up. 58 points ain’t winning you games in march. 
Idk Hofstra is gonna lose a lot, ne may have new coach and have been bad for a few years. Wm and Hampton new coaches.  Drexel losing a lot.  Stony Brook had a ton, like 6 of their top 7 as grad students. Elon will be better. Uncw will be uncw.  And Charleston well, they lose next to nothing. That core is full of juniors.
 Obviously with portal is yet to be seen. But if I can bet 50k on us not making to the finals, we can get closer to getting this coach packing!

Fran Dunphy likely fired from La Salle after 2 seasons.  Here’s a move for you..  We snatch up his assistant John Cox who is Kobe’s cousin 😉