• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Grad transfer for next season?

So if we're still actively looking a pg/sg/cg and according to http://verbalcommits.com/schools/towson we have no spots left, the question still remains who is leaving?  Players are still announcing a month+ since the regular season ended that they are leaving their program and will be a grad transfer.  The only player that could do that here is McNeil since he came in the same year as Morsell.  Someone has to leave in order for someone like Timberlake to come on board.  Dottin the HS point guard that verbally committed gave a shout out to Timberlake on twitter to join the hunt.

Prophete would be the odd man out.

I'd really like to get Timberlake even more, not knowing what will happen to Zane in the near future. We assume he's coming back this season but after that, who knows? Timberlake can get some experience and battle it out with Betrand if ZM leaves. He can also play some 1 or 3 at 6-4, 200 or so with big-time hops. 

The logical assumption is Prophete is the odd man out, but isn’t it also possible there’s a player on the current squad, other than Prophete, that the coaches know, or strongly believe, isn’t coming back, but we on the outside don’t know about? Just strikes me as interesting that IF Timberlake signs, we’re accumulating a lot of players in the 6’3 to 6’5 range (McNeill, Martin, Drayton, Betrand, Fobbs, & Timberlake if he commits to us). That’s 6 guys for 2 spots (SG & SF). Just seems like a gallon of players to pour into a shot glass of playing time.

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

The logical assumption is Prophete is the odd man out, but isn’t it also possible there’s a player on the current squad, other than Prophete, that the coaches know, or strongly believe, isn’t coming back, but we on the outside don’t know about? Just strikes me as interesting that IF Timberlake signs, we’re accumulating a lot of players in the 6’3 to 6’5 range (McNeill, Martin, Drayton, Betrand, Fobbs, & Timberlake if he commits to us). That’s 6 guys for 2 spots (SG & SF). Just seems like a gallon of players to pour into a shot glass of playing time.

Again, I’m not speculating or guessing so take that for what it’s worth.

For whatever it’s worth (and it may be worth nothing) Prophete is following & being followed on Twitter by the Eastern Florida JUCO basketball team. I’m not trying to start a rumor, but rather just passing along a piece of information that is available to anyone with internet access 

Just saw he has P5 interest. Damn shame what’s happening here to mid majors. Also having no TV deal is starting to crush this league