• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at Northeastern 80-75

Back to the bright spot of Gorham having a huge game.  I understand we all have expectations but I want to point out that bigs tend to take longer to develop.  

Many don’t play much their freshman year and then it really starts to click halfway through their sophomore season.   We have this player for two more seasons and I’m elated.  

I have witnessed this first hand watching many bigs in the West Coast Conference   Jock Landale with St Mary’s is a perfect example and same path as JG.

Am I saying he’s gonna be POY... no!

Just please give Bigs more patience please...  How many mid major bigs are impact players in their first 2 seasons!!??

I think he’s gonna have 2 great seasons coming up   

54 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Back to the bright spot of Gorham having a huge game.  I understand we all have expectations but I want to point out that bigs tend to take longer to develop.  

Many don’t play much their freshman year and then it really starts to click halfway through their sophomore season.   We have this player for two more seasons and I’m elated.  

I have witnessed this first hand watching many bigs in the West Coast Conference   Jock Landale with St Mary’s is a perfect example and same path as JG.

Am I saying he’s gonna be POY... no!

Just please give Bigs more patience please...  How many mid major bigs are impact players in their first 2 seasons!!??

I think he’s gonna have 2 great seasons coming up   

your previous post, I never said I wanted him gone, (mcneil YES) but thought he is showing signs of frustration and a player that wants to go elsewhere.

brantley, gustys, seibring, cacock, knight, pearce (guardish) and thats just current caa bigs.. but I understand the point you are getting at.

With the exception of Knight...  rest are juniors and a senior.  

My point is JG is a sophomore.   He has arrived.  2 more seasons with him. 

Not every guy comes into a program and plays right away.  Bigs take longer to develop.  

Sorry I didn’t get that vibe at all from Gorham.  I see a guy who is used to winning and gets frustrated. 

Skerry continues to recruit better talent...  showing my age I know but you should have seen some of these guys that rolled into the Towson Center before our 1-31 season.  At one point we had a Canadian player that was only known for dunking and never helped us. 

McNeil and Prophete I hope come back next season and make some of us eat our words.  

Enjoy the discussion.  

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

With the exception of Knight...  rest are juniors and a senior.  

My point is JG is a sophomore.   He has arrived.  2 more seasons with him. 

Not every guy comes into a program and plays right away.  Bigs take longer to develop.  

Sorry I didn’t get that vibe at all from Gorham.  I see a guy who is used to winning and gets frustrated. 

Skerry continues to recruit better talent...  showing my age I know but you should have seen some of these guys that rolled into the Towson Center before our 1-31 season.  At one point we had a Canadian player that was only known for dunking and never helped us. 

McNeil and Prophete I hope come back next season and make some of us eat our words.  

Enjoy the discussion.  

but they were all difference makers/significant players/studs as freshmen and sophomores.  Pearce is a soph btw. 

I hope he doesnt transfer, but its the time when players do (after soph. season) a team losing/lost players, along with a steep rebuilding climb next year. not us but more of the remainder of the caa is going to be tougher than ever.  

Important seniors leaving-- chealey, gustys, talley, morsell, austin williams, cohn...  the league is loaded with soph and juniors

your a st marys fan? we need a pipeline like they have with every Aussie. would be nice to continue with the goretti trail we have had some success with davis and zane 

USF fan.   But see a ton of St Mary’s games.   And yes what a pipeline they have.  Aussies coming every year and they are so mature, fundamentally sound and more important..  tough hard nosed kids.  

Then you got BYU and their whole scam that’s been accepted...  23 and 24 year olds still playing.

Good points on the rest of the CAA...  now I’m depressed   Ha  

Skerry’s got a Philly Catholic League pipeline going. First, JD, then ZM, & next is Betrand. His last game out, in a semifinal playoff game, he scored 20, grabbed 7 boards, & blocked 5 shots

0F62C93D-8FA7-4794-9B08-E339DB2F25E5.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

USF fan.   But see a ton of St Mary’s games.   And yes what a pipeline they have.  Aussies coming every year and they are so mature, fundamentally sound and more important..  tough hard nosed kids.  

Then you got BYU and their whole scam that’s been accepted...  23 and 24 year olds still playing.

Good points on the rest of the CAA...  now I’m depressed   Ha  

And some of those aren’t even seniors!  Love looking at their roster online and bio section has “married to _______”  for 90% of their team. Ha. 2015 caa rookie of the year is thriving at byu and the wcc 

sorry for that! But caa will be a war. Of my 15 all caa predictions 11 would be back. JWF Riller Brantley pemberton Knight puscica isabell Daly seibring cacok and Zane. Add in Delaware and Jmus class of good rookies. 11-12 wins may win the conference next year.  Hopefully the teams have a good ooc schedule set up