• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

ALL CAA

Started this thread 2 weeks ago but it got deleted.. Give me your best guesses on ALL CAA teams. (no positions) 

1st- JWF (HOF), Cacock( (UNCW), Riller (C OF C), Chealey (C OF C), Puscia (NE)

2nd- Martin, Cohn (WM), Brantley (C OF C), Knight (WM), Isabell (Drexel)

3rd- Pemberton (HOF), Gustys (HOF), Daly (DE), Mosley (JMU), Talley (UNCW)

Just Missed- Pearce (WM), Morsell, Seibring (Elon) 

POTY- JWF, but I am hearing Puscia is the winner (Riller is my favorite, the last 8 games he has been playing on another planet)

Rookie- Allen (DE), Lewis (JMU), Banks (JMU), Murphy (NE), Ray (HOF)

ROTY- Allen

Defense- Williams (Drexel), Isabell, Cacock, Brantley, Gustys  (CAA loves rebound stats for D, even though Gustys has not played a lick of D in 4 years)

DPOTY- Williams

COTY- Bill Cohen (NE) close second Tony Schaefer (WM)

Yeah, I liked Pusica over Riller and that was a tough call. You have to look at who Charleston has and who NE has. Pusica carried that team. Martin should make second team. Coen is a no-brainer as COY. Shaver second though you can't ignore Earl Grant. His team was consistent all conference season.

No way Drexel gets two players on all Defensive team. They gave up 80 points per game! I like Shawn Occeus from NE. That was a tough vote considering nobody aside from Charleston and NE plays D. People that vote Gustys on all-defensive team should get their vote stripped or are the same people that voted JB all-defense. Morsell might get third team based on rep and name. I think Gorham has a shot for Sixth Man of the Year even though he started the last few weeks.

ROY: Allen slightly over Lewis, who turned it over too much for JMU but both had strong rookie seasons. Jeff Prophete a close third (lol).

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

No way Drexel gets two players on all Defensive team. They gave up 80 points per game! I like Shawn Occeus from NE. That was a tough vote considering nobody aside from Charleston and NE plays D. People that vote Gustys on all-defensive team should get their vote stripped or are the same people that voted JB all-defense. Morsell might get third team based on rep and name. I think Gorham has a shot for Sixth Man of the Year even though he started the last few weeks.

Forgot about occeus, so I'll replace him for Gustys.  I know it is crazy, and not disagreeing with you, but it wouldnt surprise me if Gustys is put on it.  He was in 2015. 

Drexel sucks at defense, but Isabell is what 6'1"? and he is 6th in rebounds per game at 7.3 and has the 5th most rebounds overall in the CAA, also throw in 7th in steals. Williams is their anchor and 5th in rebounds per game and top in blocks.  Once he left the game at their place we went wild on offense. 

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Forgot about occeus, so I'll replace him for Gustys.  I know it is crazy, and not disagreeing with you, but it wouldnt surprise me if Gustys is put on it.  He was in 2015. 

Drexel sucks at defense, but Isabell is what 6'1"? and he is 6th in rebounds per game at 7.3 and has the 5th most rebounds overall in the CAA, also throw in 7th in steals. Williams is their anchor and 5th in rebounds per game and top in blocks.  Once he left the game at their place we went wild on offense. 

Williams is a lock, don't know about Isabell. I don't equate rebounding with defense. He's an undersized two guard or lead guard. I didn't consider him on the All-Defensive teams. I looked at the top defensive squads and took who I thought was their best defender, based on what I saw, blocked shots and steals. I guess I need to find some defensive metrics for college players, which I know they have somewhere. I try not to be biased but I had throw in EK for that team. Towson led the league in field goal percentage defense although we slipped to 5th in conference play. At 6-5, he was fifth in the league in blocked shots, tied with Tunstall.

The envelope please...

CAA Awards

Zane on the 2nd team.  No other Towson players named.  If you're in the camp that Morsell has been a disappointment, his exclusion from this list (as it should be) would help your argument.

2017-18 CAA MEN’S BASKETBALL AWARD WINNERS

First Team All-CAA Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
Devontae Cacok, UNCW Jr. F 6-7 240 Riverdale, Ga./Alpharetta
Joe Chealey, Col. of Charleston Sr. G 6-4 190 Orlando, Fla./Apopka
Vasa Pusica, Northeastern Jr. G 6-5 210 Belgrade, Serbia/Sunrise Christian
Grant Riller, Col. of Charleston So. G 6-3 195 Ocoee, Fla./Ocoee
Justin Wright-Foreman, Hofstra Jr. G 6-1 185 Queens, N.Y./High School of Construction

Second Team All-CAA Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
Jarrell Brantley, Col. of Charleston Jr. F 6-7 250 Columbia, S.C./Notre Dame Prep
Tramaine Isabell, Drexel Jr. G 6-1 180 Seattle, Wash./Garfield
Nathan Knight, William & Mary So. F 6-10 235 Syracuse, N.Y./Kimball Academy
Zane Martin, Towson So. G 6-4 205 Philadelphia, Pa./Ss. Neumann-Goretti
Tyler Seibring, Elon Jr. F 6-9 225 Normal, Ill./Normal Community

Third Team All-CAA Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
David Cohn, William & Mary Sr. G 6-2 168 Elmhurst, Ill./York
Ryan Daly, Delaware So. G 6-5 225 Ardmore, Pa./Archbishop Carroll
Rokas Gustys, Hofstra Sr. F/C 6-9 260 Kaunas, Lithuania/Oak Hill Academy
Stuckey Mosley, James Madison Jr. G 6-3 190 Orlando, Fla./Timber Creek
Justin Pierce, William & Mary So. G/F 6-7 215 Glen Ellyn, Ill./Glenbard West
Jordon Talley, UNCW Sr. G 6-1 180 Richmond, Va./Henrico

2017-18 CAA Player of the Year - Justin Wright-Foreman, Hofstra
2017-18 CAA Coach of the Year – Bill Coen, Northeastern
2017-18 CAA Rookie of the Year – Ryan Allen, Delaware
2017-18 CAA Defensive Player of the Year – Shawn Occeus, Northeastern
2017-18 CAA Sixth Man of the Year – Bolden Brace, Northeastern
2017-18 Dean Ehlers Leadership Award – Tyler Seibring, Elon
2017-18 CAA Scholar-Athlete of the Year – Paul Rowley, William & Mary

CAA All-Rookie Team Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
Ryan Allen, Delaware Fr. G 6-2 195 Bowie, Md./DeMatha
Darius Banks, James Madison Fr. G 6-5 225 St. Petersburg, Fla./St. Petersburg
Matt Lewis, James Madison Fr. G 6-5 180 Arlington, Va./Bishop O’Connell
Tomas Murphy, Northeastern Fr. F 6-8 220 Wakefield, R.I./Northfield Mount Hermon
Jalen Ray, Hofstra Fr. G 6-2 175 Hampton, Va./Hampton

CAA All-Defensive Team Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
Devontae Cacok, UNCW Jr. F 6-7 240 Riverdale, Ga./Alpharetta
Cameron Johnson, Charleston Sr. G 6-4 200 Athens, Ga./Clarke Central
Nathan Knight, William & Mary So. F 6-10 235 Syracuse, N.Y./Kimball Academy
Shawn Occeus, Northeastern So. G 6-4 208 Boynton Beach, Fla./Grandview Prep
Austin Williams, Drexel Sr. F 6-8 245 Richmond, Va./Trinity Episcopal

Pretty close.  Man, next year is going to be brutal..

I had Seibring on the third team. Don't agree with Nathan Knight as a top defender just because he blocks shots. Forgot about Cam Johnson. Had to get a Charleston player on their team. Coen was a no-brainer. I get JWF as Player of the Year. Outstanding player but I had Pusica and Riller over him. I think you have to do more than just lead the league in scoring. Towson only deserves one player on the team. Bolden Brace over Gorham is fine because they were the better team.