• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

6 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

First, I hate to say “I told you so”, but I did call for an 80-67 Tribe win, 10 minutes before tip, on an earlier forum topic. Missed by 1! 

Look, this team had ZERO leadership on the floor the entire season. Today looked like they were playing a pickup game at the local YMCA. No semblance of an offense...just chuck it up.  Here’s hoping that the 2018-19 squad is much hungrier and much smarter.

When has a skerry team done that. We Will be lucky to fnish bettee than 8th next season. It’s towson who cares? No one here does 

He’s the third most senior coach in the conference.  Two time player of the year. 3 times tournament in his backyard.Nada to show for it 

let’s face it. With a real AD and more than 10 fans who gave a ratS ass he would be canned 

BS. Not when you have 15 straight losing seasons. If he was replacing Truax, I would have agreed with you. He replaced PK, who replaced Hunt, who replaced Jazz, who replaced Truax. The bar was extremely low. We were arguably the worst program in the nation or bottom 10 at best before he arrived.

Do you think Mike Waddell would have given him an extension? Of course he would. Maybe not 8 years but he earned an extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

BS. Not when you have 15 straight losing seasons. If he was replacing Truax, I would have agreed with you. He replaced PK, who replaced Hunt, who replaced Jazz, who replaced Truax. The bar was extremely low. We were arguably the worst program in the nation or bottom 10 at best before he arrived.

Understood. He has instilled a culture. But it’s past him now. Let’s not pretend that he hasn’t had every adavantage in his pocket.  When we go 14-17 next year the apologists will still be here.  

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Understood. He has instilled a culture. But it’s past him now. Let’s not pretend that he hasn’t had every adavantage in his pocket.  When we go 14-17 next year the apologists will still be here.  

Apologists for what? There's a difference between wanting to fire him and critiquing for recruiting issues or x's and o's. I know, every year, you think we'll go 14-17 and 6-12 in the CAA. I have no clue until this recruiting class ends and yes, they underachieved after seeing them in the summer. They should have been 3rd or 4th, not 8-10. They blew a handful of games late thanks to poor FT shooting, poor offensive execution, Morman's bad foul, etc. They weren't that far away and I think in the last few weeks, they were just bad.

We were at rock bottom when this Pat took over for the last Pat. Unarguably, Skerry raised us, metaphorically, from the dead. But,with each passing season that ends in frustration & disappointment, the question becomes has he hit a plateau? Since he ain’t going anywhere, I guess we have a number more years to find out the answer to that question. However, after 7 years, I don’t believe it is being knee jerk to wonder if he’s ever going to win the regular season and:or the conference tournament. 

• Like 1

I happen to think Skerry should get one more season to see if he can finally get over the hump and win the CAA. If he can’t, then it would be time to part ways.

Having said that, the mindset of  “who could Towson get that would be better?” (So let’s keep Skerry), is such a defeatist attitude and reflects such a lack of respect for the program.  Who knows what young and hungry coach is out there that could come in here and jumpstart the program??  There are plenty of emerging coaches that would love to get a shot to coach at a school like Towson.  

21 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We were at rock bottom when this Pat took over for the last Pat. Unarguably, Skerry raised us, metaphorically, from the dead. But,with each passing season that ends in frustration & disappointment, the question becomes has he hit a plateau? Since he ain’t going anywhere, I guess we have a number more years to find out the answer to that question. However, after 7 years, I don’t believe it is being knee jerk to wonder if he’s ever going to win the regular season and:or the conference tournament. 

Ding.  We are two of the best players in conference history (West and Benimon) from being back where we started. 

Caa tournament loses As 2 vs 3, 9 vs 8. 3 vs 6 all at home. Blown out today.    Pats a nice guy as is Tim. It’s time to win something meaningful 

Other coaches were nice guys or ladies and got fired. Greg P (women’s soccer) Gottleib (baseball) Erricker (track), if winning is important in the less relevant sports, why not in high profile. In fact it should me more so.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think basketball is a sport where one or 2 players can make the difference. I think Pat has had some teams that are close to getting to the NCAA tourney, but I think most of his teams have lacked a go to threat on offense. Benimon was probably his one star of note from his tenure so far, but they got upset by W&M in his final season.

Zane had a very high PPG this season, but I think it was partially due to there being no one else to compensate for some scoring.

I am really looking for to seeing Gorham continue to grow, and to see the two big men fill in the depth chart (Solomon and Duquense transfer).  

It's the offseason that will decide the rest of the fate for next season. Have to find some guards.

I think PS knows that he isn't going to be able to get top recruits to Towson, so the transfers are the key to Rating his offseason.

He's got to go scrap for some gems.

Edited by lightspeednate