• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger1stRow

Zane Martin asks for release

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I suppose this is a rhetorical question, but what school is going to take ZM, knowing that he’s declared for the NBA draft, and thus might not even be around in the fall? Just because we know he ain’t getting drafted doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to withdraw his name

He has until May 31 I think to withdraw his name.  I can't imagine that any school is going to seriously look at him until then.  If he doesn't withdraw his name, then he's off to the Mongolian League.

59 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I suppose this is a rhetorical question, but what school is going to take ZM, knowing that he’s declared for the NBA draft, and thus might not even be around in the fall? Just because we know he ain’t getting drafted doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to withdraw his name

If he leaves, I really don't care what happens. But maybe he wants to go to the combine in mid-May (if he gets invited), then he has until June 11 to withdraw his name. No school is going to sign him until he withdraws so it's his decision but like I said hours ago, you just never know. There's still a chance he's back, but most likely it's over. What he does after he's out of the black and gold is his choice.

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

If he leaves, I really don't care what happens. But maybe he wants to go to the combine in mid-May (if he gets invited), then he has until June 11 to withdraw his name. No school is going to sign him until he withdraws so it's his decision but like I said hours ago, you just never know. There's still a chance he's back, but most likely it's over. What he does after he's out of the black and gold is his choice.

It would be a huge mistake to take him back, even if he asks politely. Better to have a 2 star that wants to be here instead of a 4 star (which he is NOT) who is settling for being here. Easy to tell the difference.

12 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

He has until May 31 I think to withdraw his name.  I can't imagine that any school is going to seriously look at him until then.  If he doesn't withdraw his name, then he's off to the Mongolian League.

Might not be the strongest league for basketball, but i’ve heard the Mongolian League has a great post-game buffet.

• Haha 1

Prophete officially gone too. 4 transferring out and another booted from the team mid year. Say what you want about college hoops in the year 2018, but this is a BAD look on both the staff and university. 

Our best returning player is Jordan McNeil... let that sink in. 1/3 of his career points are against non D1s.

what will be worse, the long slow death of football this year or overhauling hoops? 

Let’s be honest-losing Prophete is the least of our problems. I hear he’s a nice kid, but he showed absolutely nothing on the court. He made ONE basket...not per game, but all year. Baffling, considering he averaged 30ppg in HS. Unless Drayton pans out, the 2017 incoming freshman class (Drayton, Ingram & Prophete) will be a complete bust.

So, it would appear we now have 3 open scholarships for this coming season. I’m guessing a JUCO or two, unless we can get Timberlake, & maybe the 3rd used for a transfer who will sit out this year, a la Sanders, who sat out last year.

Lets face it-we’re going to be an expansion team next season. Hopefully not the 62 Mets. 

Said it before & I’ll say it again...this raises serious questions about how this staff is assessing potential recruits. And if anyone doesn’t believe other schools are telling recruits that we’re in disarray, I have some lovely swamp property in Jersey I’d like to sell you.

It seems somewhat ironic to me that this mass exodus will, in the minds of some, justify giving Skerry a free pass for another couple years, under the theory that he can’t be expected to take us dancing with all these players coming & going

If you were surprised that Prophete is leaving, come on. Seems like a nice kid but he couldn't play at this level. Maybe this team needed a complete makeover and this will be a transition season. 

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s be honest-losing Prophete is the least of our problems. I hear he’s a nice kid, but he showed absolutely nothing on the court. He made ONE basket...not per game, but all year. Baffling, considering he averaged 30ppg in HS. Unless Drayton pans out, the 2017 incoming freshman class (Drayton, Ingram & Prophete) will be a complete bust.

So, it would appear we now have 3 open scholarships for this coming season. I’m guessing a JUCO or two, unless we can get Timberlake, & maybe the 3rd used for a transfer who will sit out this year, a la Sanders, who sat out last year.

Lets face it-we’re going to be an expansion team next season. Hopefully not the 62 Mets. 

Said it before & I’ll say it again...this raises serious questions about how this staff is assessing potential recruits. And if anyone doesn’t believe other schools are telling recruits that we’re in disarray, I have some lovely swamp property in Jersey I’d like to sell you.

It seems somewhat ironic to me that this mass exodus will, in the minds of some, justify giving Skerry a free pass for another couple years, under the theory that he can’t be expected to take us dancing with all these players coming & going

Timberlake is the guy. If not, I guess we get more jucos or grad transfers. Trying to make a positive about a bad situation though a bit more complicated that I can let on about. Again, not a good look but every situation is different. From Ingram (personal)

I’d like to see us dip into the European talent pool & bring in a kid who can shoot. Look at the kid NE has, & Drexel has a kid from Turkey who looked good last season. What do we have to lose?