• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Reapersixx

Delaware Thread

Forecast of rain/wind is worrisome -- it's the great neutralizer of talent, and the chance of turnovers means the better team (us, I believe) could be undone. I know -- the chance of TOs goes up for both teams, but it's an X-factor you can't control for.

Rain isn't really good for either team. But if you want to be a playoff team and play deep, you have to be able to play in bad weather. The rain, the snow, and the wind could all be a factor the rest of the season. The running game has got to step up and all three runners are capable, even if they aren't T-West or Vito. Wonder if the rain would bother Tom Flacco because Joe performs well historically in it. Though Tom has even more responsibility running some Tug option. It's going to rain on Friday so best thing is to practice in it. Not that we haven't before or played in some.

I also want to see the hourly weather. It looks like rain and thundershowers in the morning but it's questionable whether that continues later in the afternoon. In the evening, there is no call for precip to it's possible it starts out with some rain but could dry up in the second half.

All valid points.  Look, Kehoe hasn’t impressed me thus far.  Kane and Lee are both good backs and their receivers can get open some.  But, their OL has been suspect all season.  It’s imperative that our  DL wins the battle and allows our LB’s to run downhill and make tackles in the box.  Our Safety’s must be on the same page  as I would run a lot of zone if the weather is bad.

Their DL has not been good most of the year. UD runs a 3-4 , which could be a problem for them in rough weather. I expect them to roll the OLB’s up . They have played a lot of zone so far this season (read & react).   I think we spread them out a bit and let Tom wiggle around for some plays.  Also, we have that full house package that gives Tom an RPO.  Again,  gotta win the battle up front to keep their LB’s off balance all game.

Edited by RundaPower

Our classy friends over at gohens.net are talking about ways to stop Flacco: 

"There are 2 theories on a QB like this..Pick your poison...Blitz frequently apply heavy pressure and risk him breaking containment
and the other is front him and guard the edge keeping him in pocket
..." 

and someone added: "there is a third option but it will cost 15 yards."😒

Yep,  just like the kid from Albany last week.  That kid should have been kicked out of the game . 

As far as the comment on Gohens, just some guy who never played running his mouth. 

Edited by RundaPower