• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TigerFan54

Final play -- if we run the reverse, two WRs are wide open

I’ll ride it out, with the hope that there’ll be a new HC come 2021. I think we’re stuck in the mud & the current HC has taken us as far as he’s going to. 

2013 just called & said it ain’t coming back.

We're not waiting for 2020. No way TL does that if we don't make the playoffs next season. He's going to be looking at his own job. You can't have a coach in his last year of his deal. At least I don't believe that will happen.

I hear ya, & maybe I’m comparing an 🍎 to an  🍊, but I recall we had to finish the Pat Kennedy forced death march until the end of his contract. The logical inference then, as it is now (at least for me) is we don’t want to (or can’t afford to) pay off an existing HC’s contract & pay the new HC at the same time.

Edited by TSU88

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I hear ya, & maybe I’m comparing an 🍎 to an  🍊, but I recall we had to finish the Pat Kennedy forced death march until the end of his contract. The logical inference then, as it is now (at least for me) is we don’t want to (or can’t afford to) pay off an existing HC’s contract & pay the new HC at the same time.

Uggh, Ambrose is Vince Lombardi compared to PK.

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

True, but my point is if we wouldn’t buy PK out, why would we buy RA out?

That was two ADs ago. Who knows what this current administration is going to do? And as a I said, even though he didn't hire him, TL gave him an extension. You know he wants to hire his own guy but if he waits until after the 2020 season, who know if he'll be around?

I know it's a long shot the way we're playing defensively, but let's give this team one more shot at Elon. Maybe they surprise us with an average defensive effort and the offense put up 40 points to win. We're certainly capable offensively if we stop kicking short FGs.