• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 41, ELON 10 (story up)

Have to give it up to the Robert Heyward today. Had 13 tackles, 1 sacks and 3.5 TFLs. Potential Defensive POW. Didn't think Diondre Wallaace had a great game with six tackles because he missed a few. But Heyward, Wallace and Paye should get considering for all-CAA. Thought Deberry was very active today even if he only had two tackles but Bryce Carter is also playing well. Had 4 tackles and one sack. Grant Udinski with another sack and a forced fumble. Tedder also had a forced fumble though I believe on the kickoff return. The corners played ok today though you would still like to see them turn around with the ball int he air. There were not many open receivers and there have been plenty in most games this season. They didn't throw a lot but when they did, the coverage was solid.

We've been on the defense most of the year but you have to give them kudos for holding Elon to 10 points at home. They put up 319 rushing yards against a decent URI team last week. Sure, if Cheek played, it would be a different story but if Mahalak played the last two seasons....

Also forgot to add that we did great on third downs this week on defense. Held them to 4-of-14 and had those two huge fourth down stops in Towson territory. Have to bring that D next week.

I had the game at 2PM so I missed most of it. I did get to catch the end half of the game and our boys look like they came to play. I think that was the most pressure I’ve seen on a QB all year.

25 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

One thing we don't think about is the human element in this whole situation. While everybody is calling for RA's job after last week, he got this team back on track. Maybe he didn't do a good enough job getting them up after the Delaware loss but last week was another devastating last minute defeat. I don't recall ever witnessing those two type of losses in back-to-back weeks since I've covered the program. And we came back to kick ass today. Ambrose was on the post game and practically in tears. Knew that game meant everything to the program, to the team and to the coaches. 

Maybe that means postseason. But all you can ask is that they can play meaningful games in November in most years. We're going that next week and probably next season, assuming most key guys return.

Didn’t watch this one but tracked it. Kudos to the team and staff on this one. Nice bounce back and the rest of the fcs is doing their part to help us so far today..

As I see it, if Maine beats Richmond (and they're up 14-3 in the 2nd as I write this), we would not be able to win the conference outright since we lost to Maine.  Now if it works out that Elon beats Maine next week and we beat JMU, there could be 5 teams at 6-2 and tied for first.  That would mean JMU would be in 6th at 5-3 and you know they're not getting left out of the playoffs.  But if we take care of business next week, the only question should be who we play in the first round.

Unless New Hampshire somehow sneaks in the field.  I don't put anything past the committee.

Let’s say Maine wins today, they are up big. Everyone at the top of the conference has 3 losses, with Maine with 1 conference loss and everyone else with  2 conference losses

Next Week -

Towson (7-3) JMU (7-3)

Elon (6-3) Maine (7-3)

SB (7-3) Albany

UD (7-3) Nova

Winners of the top 2 games are in for sure. If UD and SB win they are in. That leaves the losers of the top 2 games in who knows land... Would be crazy if Elon and we lose, do they put Elon in over us even though we blew them out today? Also gotta hope SB losses to Albany

Edited by TU2018
misspelling