• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Week 11 polls

They’re a good team. In fact, I’m a Black Bears 🐻 fan this Saturday. I do respectfully part ways with you regarding your assertion they “took us to the woodshed.” They beat us by 1 TD, after the game ended when we failed to convert on a 1st & goal.

As I said last week, we need to think of the JMU game as a playoff game, because if we lose, we have to sweat things out  on Sunday the way we did in 2012 -- and we know how that ended. Also, if we win, we might vault into the top 8 and get a bye, which we need. Given how early in the season we had our bye, everyone must be beat-up (or just beat). 

No doubt that all this “on the bubble” chatter would be moot if we win Saturday. And your point about seeding is well taken. If we lose Saturday, no bye (assuming we get in). Not only no bye, but we could end up being sent on the road.

Btw, Maine’s QB is day-to-day after injuring his shoulder last Saturday. The Maine- Elon game starts 2 hours before ours on Saturday. 

I'd hardly call a game-winning scoring drive with 4:00 left and then a goal line stand in the last minute a 'woodshed' beating.  But I know you like to play the fatalist role.

The bracketology and the rankings logic (whatever that's good for) makes it seem like we're in really good shape.  But I'll always go back to the snub a few years ago when we tore up UNH on the road (the definition of woodshed) and were told that we weren't invited.  

Ok.. I’ll correct it. Maine, without one of their best players,took us to the woodshed and beat our asses in the first half of our homecoming. 

Don’t trust the committee at all.  Anyone know who the caa rep is now this year?