• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Elon preview

Tough opening weekend on the road with Elon Friday and W&M on Sunday. But Elon is decimated by injuries with Dainan Swoope out for the season and with Santa Ana probably out with an arm or wrist injury. He didn't play in their last game and they lost to Missouri-Kansas City by 30+. Also got crushed on the boards and that's not atypical for them. They don't rebound and we do. So this is certainly one of the winnable games assuming Santa Ana is still out. Not so sure about the Tribe on Sunday, because our 3-point D is not the greatest. It's not bad but they are very tough to guard.

Elon has 4 W’s (same as us). Only 2 of them came against D1 foes; Manhattan, which is 2-10 & Kennesaw State, which is 3-10. Translation-they’re pretty bad. So, if Santa Ana doesn’t play, we might not have a better chance of getting a road conference win all year. I’m thinking this is shaping up to be one of those ugly games where both teams shoot less than 40% & we lose like 56-53 (it’s the natural pessimist in me I suppose). Or, we make one of their scrub players look like Steph Curry & he scores 25 points and we lose.  Then again, we might win & I’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

FWIW, Santa Ana only has a sprained thumb & Elon’s last game was 12/22, so by tomorrow he’ll have had nearly a week to rehab. My guess-he plays tomorrow. If so, the question will be how effective will he be

It seems like Santa Ana and Seibring have been on that team for eight years, and they consistently light us up. So to me this game will hinge on our defense. I expect a low-scoring affair too, and just hope we have the bigger number.

4 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

It seems like Santa Ana and Seibring have been on that team for eight years, and they consistently light us up. So to me this game will hinge on our defense. I expect a low-scoring affair too, and just hope we have the bigger number.

They have and they will.