• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 77, ELON 60 (story up)

It’s like I always say, you can’t stop Alex Thomas, you can only hope to contain him!!  Good for him for having probably the best offensive game of his career. 

1 minute ago, Chris Datres said:

I think it's a pretty good idea because Dottin can at least try to draw Howard's defender off of him with his penetration and then kick it out to a set Howard for shots.  I thought when Dottin was in the game early 2nd half, Skerry didn't do him any favors by not having any offense on the floor -- no Howard, no Fobbs.  Until Betrand finds his offense, he's not that great of an option.  But when Howard came into the game and the two of them were out there together, things opened up more.  That and Thomas decided to shoot lights out.

Yeah, Dottin came in during the first half and was instant offense. They shut his drive down and he was starting to find guys. Betrand is there for his defense and he has to play 10-15 minutes per game with no Timberlake, and no Drayton. But you can use Dottin as that third guard and just play Betrand at the backup 3 and some 2. Of course, Pat thinks defense first and when you need to shut a very good 2-guard down, he's not going to play Howard or Dottin at the 2 because neither is a great defender.

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

It’s like I always say, you can’t stop Alex Thomas, you can only hope to contain him!!  Good for him for having probably the best offensive game of his career. 

Well, he had never hit a three-pointer in his career and I think he might have tied his career high but either way. that five minute stretch of Thomas nailing long jumpers was the best offensive stretch of his career and that's not saying much.

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Lost by 45? Yikes. Hofstra & C of C are the cream of the conference. W&M best JMU.

Northeastern beat Drexel by just 10, but I think they'll be tough to beat, especially up there.

10 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Northeastern beat Drexel by just 10, but I think they'll be tough to beat, especially up there.

They bring two guys off the bench that would start for almost every team in the conference, they will be more than fine. 

It’s Charleston, ne, Hofstra (if they didn’t have joe, just imagine how good they could be and been) then everyone else