• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

We’re just good enough to lose

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

You have no clue. You think Tunstall can guard Knight? Solomon? Thomas can barely move

Alex barely moving was 100000000% more effective than Sanders. Knight couldn't give the ball up quick enough when he saw Alex standing there.  Knight only looked to score when Sanders was guarding him and it worked.  Tunstall could have been more effective on him. (I think anyone in this board could have been more effective) but instead we had him on Rowley who stands on the perimeter, thus neutralizing our only shot blocker...

I can’t argue some of your points about the offense but this I don’t agree with. Tunstall is too weak to defend any decent center and it’s borderline criminal to ask Alex to play more than 20 minutes with a torn labrum in his hip. Knight scored 19 points. Not like he went off for 30 as he’s done lately. Sometimes you just have to credit the opponent. If you think Sanders can’t guard Knight, good luck at having him guard their power forwards on the perimeter.

Look for a schedule that includes D3 and other cupcake wins so PS can get another contract extension with a 20 win season. Bring on NJIT!!!

21 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Look for a schedule that includes D3 and other cupcake wins so PS can get another contract extension with a 20 win season. Bring on NJIT!!!

This. The second extension was given WAY to prematurely. But hey its Towson! No one cares and people, especially on here will make excuses and say its ok and fine! 

WM was 3-11 on the road this year and gives up over 77 points a game. We scored 61 and 65 against them this year...

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I can’t argue some of your points about the offense but this I don’t agree with. Tunstall is too weak to defend any decent center and it’s borderline criminal to ask Alex to play more than 20 minutes with a torn labrum in his hip. Knight scored 19 points. Not like he went off for 30 as he’s done lately. Sometimes you just have to credit the opponent. If you think Sanders can’t guard Knight, good luck at having him guard their power forwards on the perimeter.

Fair enough.  They run so much cutting offense and backdoor, where the bigs are only looking to pass from up top, think we could have stolen some possessions with him there.  Alex with the injury, played VERY good defense last night. Commend the effort.

Lack of basketball IQ from players and staff is mind-boggling 

55 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

This. The second extension was given WAY to prematurely. But hey its Towson! No one cares and people, especially on here will make excuses and say its ok and fine! 

WM was 3-11 on the road this year and gives up over 77 points a game. We scored 61 and 65 against them this year...

Look, this isn’t rocket science. It’s not even brain surgery. We aren’t as talented as most teams we play. Sure, ZM & Gorham transferring out was a huge blow, but the coaching staff, which brought in a PG who can’t shoot, another kid who quit early on, a D1 transfer who has been a disappointment, & a JUCO PG who is shooting 36%, should not be absolved of blame. All I can do is hope that Gray & Timberlake, along with whoever they’re going to use the 2 remaining scholarships on, can help this stagnant, boring & joyless offense, substantially improve. 

33 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Look, this isn’t rocket science. It’s not even brain surgery. We aren’t as talented as most teams we play. Sure, ZM & Gorham transferring out was a huge blow, but the coaching staff, which brought in a PG who can’t shoot, another kid who quit early on, a D1 transfer who has been a disappointment, & a JUCO PG who is shooting 36%, should not be absolved of blame. All I can do is hope that Gray & Timberlake, along with whoever they’re going to use the 2 remaining scholarships on, can help this stagnant, boring & joyless offense, substantially improve. 

But we usually are more athletic and deeper, but dont use it to our advantage.  Every team in this conference has atleast 2 guys that can go off any night (semi-consistently), except us. We have 1. And that has always been our problem. Need 1 other guys who can do it all or step aside and let someone take over.