• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Today was rock bottom

It’s all about winning...consistently. If, as you say, UMBC is starting to draw 2K+ a game, no reason we can’t. Right now though, our product is not entertaining and not winning. I’m a broken record, I get it, but it’s on this coach to recruit better players. As a season ticket holder, it’s depressing to watch a team struggle to score 25 points in a half, & 60 points in a game. Who wants to spend hard earned $ to watch Dottin & Betrand throw up bricks, Howard miss almost 7 out of 10 shots, Sanders to foul out, Solomon to miss bunnies...?

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

It’s all about winning...consistently. If, as you say, UMBC is starting to draw 2K+ a game, no reason we can’t. Right now though, our product is not entertaining and not winning. I’m a broken record, I get it, but it’s on this coach to recruit better players. As a season ticket holder, it’s depressing to watch a team struggle to score 25 points in a half, & 60 points in a game. Who wants to spend hard earned $ to watch Dottin & Betrand throw up bricks, Howard miss almost 7 out of 10 shots, Sanders to foul out, Solomon to miss bunnies...?

I've been watching that crap mostly for 25 years with a few good years in between.  But while I can't cheer or boo, I'm putting my hands on my head a lot during games. A lot more in the days of the other coaches. I didn't much this year so that's why I'm a lot less critical that I should be because I knew this wasn't a very good team after the first few weeks. I'm so hungry for good basketball. I've covered high school ball on Rivals.com back in the late nineties and saw dozens of future NBA players in Orlando and North Carolina Was a ballboy for the Bullets so I've probably witnessed thousands of games live as a paying customer, member of the press or working in some form or fashion. I love this game and it used to hurt me to my core seeing bad basketball over and over again. It still does to some extent. Maybe I'm just getting old, worn down and immune to it. At times, I feel like I've wasted thousands of hours on this program, volunteering for most of them to cover them. Yesterday was one of those. 

2 hours ago, BoogerJ said:

No one goes to the games when the team is good, no one goes when the team is bad.  There are about 300 people who care, about the same as with football.  Other than that, our fan support is dismal.  What is the motivation to spend millions of dollars on football and basketball talent when there is no ROI?  

And next year, every student will get a 5% increase in student fees for athletics when 95% of them don’t give a damn. I am surprised there has not been larger student protests. Maybe the passive attitude isn’t just about athletics. 

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I've been watching that crap mostly for 25 years with a few good years in between.  But while I can't cheer or boo, I'm putting my hands on my head a lot during games. A lot more in the days of the other coaches. I didn't much this year so that's why I'm a lot less critical that I should be because I knew this wasn't a very good team after the first few weeks. I'm so hungry for good basketball. I've covered high school ball on Rivals.com back in the late nineties and saw dozens of future NBA players in Orlando and North Carolina Was a ballboy for the Bullets so I've probably witnessed thousands of games live as a paying customer, member of the press or working in some form or fashion. I love this game and it used to hurt me to my core seeing bad basketball over and over again. It still does to some extent. Maybe I'm just getting old, worn down and immune to it. At times, I feel like I've wasted thousands of hours on this program, volunteering for most of them to cover them. Yesterday was one of those. 

Hang in there, we need you!! Things have got to get better, I think 🤔