• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Offense was offensive

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

I agree that they played poorly. That does not mean the decisions that were made were bad decisions......just poorly executed. There is a reason for decisions. If they did not work, they just were executed poorly. 

To say the decisions made no sense...that's is only to you. To the coach, they made perfect sense. Just need to practice so they work better

Jammer, is that you??  Tell me in what world does it make sense to throw the ball with a 10 point lead and under 3 minutes to go.

If it works, it is a great call. If it doesn't it's a horrible call. Pretty easy to make the call afterwards. I might not have made the call and you might not have either, but again, if it works all the fans say "We caught the by surprise.....What a great call". 

All I am saying is no one should say that a call makes no sense. They should say "It makes no sense to me".....or I don't understand that call. No one on the outside knows what is happening on the sideline. 

I am not a D-1 coach but I am a coach as coaches we sometimes make bad decisions the key is to own that bad decision . It was a bad decision to throw a pass at that point and time of the game. It was wet and the ball was slippery and the call that should have been made was to keep the ball on the ground and tell the running backs to cover the ball and hold on too it at all cost let the clock run down it was 2 min and 52 seconds on the clock.since they were stacking the box go trips left or right and run out of that.they could not have stack the box in that formation.As coaches we sometimes can out think ourselves. Just own it

• Like 1

Next week against Maryland try to control the clock keep the game slow.keep it on the ground and try to convert first downs the longer Towson can keep the ball out of Marylands hands the better

There were some upsets this weekend Howard vs Unlv . Jmu vs Ecu could be Towson over Maryland this weekend Towson would damn near half to play a perfect game but it could happen and before anybody ask I am not be funny 

Matt, I agree. All about the score, situation, etc. I think you would agree no one would call a play that they don't think will work. Right sometimes. Wrong sometimes. Let's go get em at College Park and hope we are right more often than we are wrong.

We're going back and forth. Assuming you saw the game, not sure how you can defend the last series of throwing the ball. That's not hindsight; it's Football 101. I'll assume from the way he acted in the press conference, Rob was not happy with a lot of things on offense. When you put up 102 yards of total offense, unless you are playing Alabama, everyone is going to be questioned, from the coaching to the execution. I just started watching the game again and there were way too many missed blocks just in the first quarter