• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

How bout them Tigers!!

Beating the blue chickens is a great thing. I hate them with every fiber in my body! This was a total team win today, so proud of the young guys, We have had so many injuries this year. The Freshman and Redshirt Freshman grew up today!

Nice win indeed over a rival. Strong offense down the final 2 drives of the game and super 3rd down call on the touchdown. Earlier 2 pt call was strong as well. Nice assist from the turf in stopping the UD QB on the last drive as without the turf monster grabbing his toes he gets another 20 yards and we lose this game. Credit due though, nice win. Avoiding a 2-9 record is nice and it's always a good thing to beat UD. 3-5 with 4 to go.

Now comes a defining moment.  Did this team "grow up" as eTiger suggests, or was this a homecoming win over a team that overlooked us and left us hanging around?

at Elon

at William & Mary

Rhode Island

Take 2 of these 3, finish 5-6, and you have something to build on.

Win all 3, and end the season with a winning record, and you may have some momentum for the off-season and recruiting.

Go 1-2, and there are some real issues that must be addressed ASAP.

Go 0-3, and we are pretty much where most people thought we were.

• Like 1

Not going to put a dour spin on a great win considering what we had on field. But they aren't likely to go 3-0 and changes will likely be made no matter how they finish. You can't put up 15 points per game and expect to win at any level. Injuries or no injuries, you pick up two grad transfers as insurance and both are injured most of the year because they were injured at their previous schools. One of them finally made a huge play yesterday while the other was sitting on the sidelines injured. 

We also have a redshirt freshman tackle who was expected to be the next Bushrod but only started due to injuries. I thought he looked pretty good yesterday but I haven't looked at the video yet. 

The point is, we shouldn't be relying on so many true and r-freshmen. I lost count of how many we played yesterday. But let's count though not as many played as I thought: 

WR Jabari Allen - solid game
RG Aaron Grzymkowski
LT Andrew Garnett
QB Ryan Stover -showed some promise late
RB Kobe Young - Does make people miss
DE Byrce Carter -2 sacks
CB Vashon McCants Jr 
WR Rodney Dorsey - think they should move him to RB
S/PR Coby Tippett -one great return called back, another muffed punt
DT Tibo Debaille
LB Abdolaye Knoate (special teams?)

Injured starers or key players:
QB Morgan Mahalak
OG Nico Rusolilo
OG Zane Ventemiglia
DT Zane Harps-Upshur (out for year)
WR Jabari Greenwood
WR Trey Kilgore
RB C.J. Williams
DT D'Sean Cummings
CB Justice Pettus-Dixon

At this point in the season your not going to the playoffs I agree with playing the young guys.you always want to finish strong but you want to evaluate also see what the young guys can do in real game situation.that was a good win yesterday 

The young guys will help the defense. I mean they already are. The defense returns all but Kanyia Anderson, Clifton Jones, and Cummings up front. The back seven is back. We do need to fortify that line and I've been saying it for years. Can't just rely on Harps-Upshur, Reece Burnett and Mullins, as a r-freshmen. But future and present is bright for LBs with Dymelle Parker coming back from injury and don't forget Troy Vincent had to sit out this year so he'll be playing one of the safety spots next to Fenner.

Offense is another story. I think we bring in another bigger RB, maybe a transfer FBS OL and we'll see if we add a transfer QB, because Stover is still young and Milller will likely redshirt. On defense, another transfer DE to replace Anderson and obviously a DT transfer or two.