• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

How bout them Tigers!!

Gotta admit that after the 2 1st half INT’s, I was hoping they’d give Stover the hook. Kudo’s to him though-he showed me something in the 2nd half, culminated with a cool as a cucumber winning TD drive with the clock winding down.

We still can’t run the ball, but I thought the pass blocking was outstanding.

Hats off to the D. They gave up some running yards, but no home run. When they had to get a stop in the 4th Q, after we muffed the punt, they saved the game by holding UD to a FG.

Memo to our kickoff guy-please stop kicking the ball out of bounds.

I hope this loss sinks UD’s playoff hopes. Winning is always nice, but beating them, especially they way we did it, was particularly satisfying.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above. I wanted to see Harris at QB in the second half (and would have settled for Ellis). Stover looks like the Statue of Liberty in the pocket too many times, and doesn't rifle his passed when the window is tight. Still, a stellar day by the defense, and a win over Delaware is always nice.

Agreed. A great day to be a Tiger. Picture perfect weather, an impressive (exhibition) W by the basketball ? squad over a good Bucknell team, & the cherry ? on top was a W over UD. All is right in Tiger land, at least for one night.

• Like 1

I'm really happy for the team. Always nice to get a win over a ranked opponent especially when it's Delaware.  Stover wasn't stellar by any means but he made the plays when we needed it most.  I have never been really high on Gallahan so it's nice to see him have his moment.

Being the rat bastard that I am, I just enjoyed my trip to the UD message board, where the themes are, in no particular order, “our D (I mean UD) is overrated; “our (again talking about UD) passing game is pathetic,” “kiss the playoffs goodbye” & (my favorite) “if this is the best we can do, we should fold the football program & save the school a ton of money.”

How sweet it is.

• Like 1

Wasn't able to watch the game but really happy for these guys to find a way to get the win.  Hopefully they can build off something like this and make positive strides for the rest of the season.  Always a good day when we beat Delaware.  Even better when it might crush their playoff hopes.

And hopefully, it'll make the hater(s) around here zip it for at least one week.

• Like 2

Great day to be a Tiger. Long day and the ex. game was a nice appetizer, but I wasn't thinking at that time we'd have a double-header win. Delaware led most of the game but this gritty defense found a way to keep the team in it. The offense finally showed up and well, they may never score 20 points this season, at least we got close against what was supposed to be the best defense in FCS. We rarely had good field position all night until the winning drive. We forced zero turnovers, committed three turnovers, kicked the ball out of bounds twice. Their punter was incredible and their kicker boomed everything deep into the end zone. But you know what? They didn't have a big edge at quarterback with J. P. Caruso, who took care of the ball but didn't make a lot of good throws.

Kudos to those kids. They deserved it.

• Like 1

We were on "Sports Center" earlier tonight. Actually, the Delaware DB who made the Beckham-like one-handed INT was the reason -- but to the ESPN producers' credit, they also showed Gallahan's one-hander to win the game.

• Like 1