• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Ultimate choke job

9 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well two teams are in the same conference so all 4 aren’t gettin in. 

Its not the end of the world or the season yet, but it’s the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again. Can’t win close games and close people out. Players change, something else stays the same... I can’t put my finger on what though..hmm

I know the MAC isn't getting two teams in. That's why I said could not would.  

Edited by bucketsandbirds

These inexplicable, yet predictable, L’s will prepare us for the inexplicable, yet predictable L’s to come in conference play 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

No postgame interview.   This is the kind of game Skerry should get on this board and personally apologize for.  
That was a disgrace and I’m not exaggerating and I’m going back to 1991 following this school, team whatever. 

Credit for recruiting some nice pieces but we must have to worst basketball IQ in the country at times. 

You can’t piss away a game like that after Kent State, Florida and Xavier...  unacceptable!

We look so unprepared at times on the floor coming out of timeouts.  I just don’t get it!!!

I like to look at the positives but I can’t any longer.  Long season my ass.  Preparing for CAA play my ass.  

That game was lost due to lack of basketball IQ by both the players and coaches.  

I welcome PS to come on the board and explain to us the fan base what we should think about this program!!!  

Such a weak move by Pat.

Some optimism for everyone.  We played really good defense, if wasn’t for all our turnovers (they scored atleast 24 off them) and the ft line they only scored about 35 (some were wiiiiiiiide open 3s but). #Progress #skerryball

Does not matter who we play. Better team, a team we are even with or a lesser team.  If the game is close this team never knows how to close out a game properly. It has been this way for YEARS. It is beyond frustrating at this point.  They turned a fell good win into S.O.T. 

Unless we see measurable improvement before CAA play starts, I think we'll be lucky to win five conference games. Between now and the opener against NE, we have seven games. Vermont, Liberty, UMBC, Akron/Tulane look like L's. St. Joe on Sunday might be one too. That leaves Cornell and Morgan, and neither of those is a gimme at this stage. That means we likely start conference play at 4-9 -- and conference play will be brutal. (Did anyone notice that Hofstra beat UCLA?)

Can we get our act together? Well, the coaches ought to start by addressing the Keystone Kops execution on in-bounds plays. Can we find someone who consistently steps up in clutch time (though two capable players is really what any good team needs)? I'm not sure we have that person(s) on the team. But one can hope.

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Such a weak move by Pat.

Some optimism for everyone.  We played really good defense, if wasn’t for all our turnovers (they scored atleast 24 off them) and the ft line they only scored about 35 (some were wiiiiiiiide open 3s but). #Progress #skerryball

Who knows what happened in postgame. I don't know if he had to go the interview room first. So he wasn't available but Pat does 99% of the interviews in postgame. Believe me, when I'm not there, I listen to every one. He's usually a stand up guy after games and will take the blame, but if that was me, I wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't want to say something I would regret on radio/TSN.

Our record in 3-game tournaments (by that I mean where we did, or could have, played 3 games) since the one we won 2 years ago in Florida... 1 W & 7 L’s (w in 1st game of 2017 conference tournament; L in next game. Swept in 3 games in the Bahamas; L in 1st game of 2018 conference tournament; 2 L’s in Charleston. 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Unless we see measurable improvement before CAA play starts, I think we'll be lucky to win five conference games. Between now and the opener against NE, we have seven games. Vermont, Liberty, UMBC, Akron/Tulane look like L's. St. Joe on Sunday might be one too. That leaves Cornell and Morgan, and neither of those is a gimme at this stage. That means we likely start conference play at 4-9 -- and conference play will be brutal. (Did anyone notice that Hofstra beat UCLA?)

Can we get our act together? Well, the coaches ought to start by addressing the Keystone Kops execution on in-bounds plays. Can we find someone who consistently steps up in clutch time (though two capable players is really what any good team needs)? I'm not sure we have that person(s) on the team. But one can hope.

We're better than last season, but that's fine. It's November. We suck. We can't win close games. I don't know how you could watch GW and Kent State and not think this team made a jump from last year. We had one player who could score. Did we take a step backwards the way we played tonight? Sure. When you commit 22 f-ing turnovers, you deserve to lose. The fact that we didn't get our ass kicked was amazing.

5 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

We’d be 3-9 if we win two more. But I think we can beat umbc.  St joes liberty Akron and Vermont are all Ls

we have a bunch of role players. No alphas, no warriors. Soft players 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Our record in 3-game tournaments (by that I mean where we did, or could have, played 3 games) since the one we won 2 years ago in Florida... 1 W & 7 L’s (w in 1st game of 2017 conference tournament; L in next game. Swept in 3 games in the Bahamas; L in 1st game of 2018 conference tournament; 2 L’s in Charleston. 

STOP PUSHING YOUR ANTI PAT AGENDA ITS OLD!!