• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

MBB wins glorified scrimmage, 90-57

Really hope we can avoid scheduling D-III home games next year. No one wants to come out & watch them & the games tell you nothing about the team.

ZM could have scored 40, but no point in playing him much in the 2nd half. The more I see Ingram, the more I like. Pretty good 3 point shooting tonight & a good number of assists.

The most important question is whether Gorham, who hopped off the court near the end of the game, is seriously hurt. While we generally have great depth, Gorham is by far our best inside presence & his absence would be a big loss

Gorham's injury was the only thing that mattered in the game. I didn't go so I only heard what Skerry said at the end, which was they hope he isn't hurt seriously. He also has a gimpy ankle and hurt it earlier in the game. If we had any depth at the post, we wouldn't be playing him this late against a D3 team. I was shocked we went back Thomas instead of Tunstall.

I asked Skerry about the pair of D2 games we got stuck with and he told me that the Frostburg one was tied in to the Gulf Showcase Tournament as a 'campus' game.  The other participants in the tournament played some real lesser-lites, too (I think Penn played Central Penn).  But as for this game, he said that they wanted one game on this date before going to Ireland so they wouldn't have 9 days between games and they couldn't find anyone that would come to our place (surprise) despite him trying to find an A-10 team.  But apparently, St. Joe's, Temple, Mason, Richmond had no interest.  So, we get stuck with what happened tonite.  It's one of those things as a mid-major where the bigger names want nothing to do with a road game against you.

That's basically what Skerry said after the Frostburg game. Nobody sem-local wants to play us at SECU, which ain't exactly a huge homecourt advantage.

Glad we are winning games but the scheduling I do not like at all. Great stats and all but against inferior opponents doesn't reveal much. Hard to tell how really good this team is until I guess conference play.

I suspect this is a $ issue. My guess is that other OOC mid-major’s won’t come to SECU unless we pay them. So, if that’s the case, it would appear we have a Hobson’s choice-either continue to schedule a lackluster OOC home schedule or fork up & pay to get teams to play us at SECU

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

So beating Georgia Southern and winning a tournament tells you nothing about this team because we scheduled St. Mary’s.

Not really.. I'll wait until conference play then will get back to you.. lol