• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

47 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yes, or you can send a combined team of UNCW/Towson if they both lose (lol). Nobody wants to go to the NIT, but I guess for us, it would give us a bit of exposure that is sorely needed. If we finish second and don't win the CAA, I don't see us going to the CBI or CIT.

I am confident we will get a NIT at large.  Our Net Rating is too strong for us not to.......

21 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

I am confident we will get a NIT at large.  Our Net Rating is too strong for us not to.......

NIT is all about politics. Who is a good draw? I don't see them picking us over a Northwestern or Rutgers or some .500 shitty SEC team.

You would think top 64 get into the big dance then the next 64 get to the NIT. Our net is way better than 128 but I guess being that "commuter school in a North Baltimore suburb" doesnt get us any style points. Hope there is a lot of basketball left to he played. I love watching this team. Much more enjoyable than the JB teams that would just get fouled a million times and be the most boring, ugly games to sit through. Happy with the dominant fashion we have played in the past few outings. That's what you want, to be playing your best basketball come March. And of course in "where else but towson" fashion we get 1/2 a game to decide the title. Anarchy? Nope just college basketball

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

NIT is all about politics. Who is a good draw? I don't see them picking us over a Northwestern or Rutgers or some .500 shitty SEC team.

Just want to add that the 1992 team won the ECC Tournament and there was no automatic bid. The NIT won't care, but they do owe us from leaving us out of the postseason.

2 hours ago, tu_fan said:

Lol nit bid happens if we win Monday.  No shot otherwise.  They take the regular season champs of smaller conferences and then 14-18 power 5 teams 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

You would think top 64 get into the big dance then the next 64 get to the NIT. Our net is way better than 128 but I guess being that "commuter school in a North Baltimore suburb" doesnt get us any style points. Hope there is a lot of basketball left to he played. I love watching this team. Much more enjoyable than the JB teams that would just get fouled a million times and be the most boring, ugly games to sit through. Happy with the dominant fashion we have played in the past few outings. That's what you want, to be playing your best basketball come March. And of course in "where else but towson" fashion we get 1/2 a game to decide the title. Anarchy? Nope just college basketball

Nope. The best teams for espns audience get the nit. Does the caa play on espn networks?  No.  It’s auto bid or bust and has been for years 

The only way we could have gotten an at-large was to go undefeated in the CAA, get to the Finals, beat Ohio State and probably have one or two losses overall. Then it still might not be 100% in with 68 teams. That's despite our league having a 12 RPI Ranking and JMU helped that with the win over Virginia. 

How about Drexel in 2012? They went 29-7 overall and 16-2 in a much better CAA with VCU in it and they were left out. 

39 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Net Ranking has only been around for four seasons but still impressive 

It’s more impressive when you look at our overall schedule. It’s average. But net loved road wins and big scoring margins, both of which we have excelled in

Big W against JMU... Lets finish this Monday evening... Head strong into the tourney. Ill be at the game if we make it to the champ.