• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Gibson leads MBB over Coppin State 89-75

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

36 threes is alot for an average at best shooting team. But if that’s all available, Meh. Early on they have been open so…

Coppin and the local teams are bad games. Win by 30 eh. Lose. Awful. There’s no winning these. 

Don’t look now and lots of games left but Holden, Gibson and Rizzuto are all shooting over 40% from 3.   NT at 37%. Nolan under 30%.  Hicks 0-8

Gray over 40% but small sample size.  

Time will tell but I have no problem with guys shooting it more.  

Greensboro obliterated today.  Tennessee shot 13-35 from 3.   

We're up to 35% from three-point range. That's not too bad. We were 28% last season. That's bad. We were 34.4% in 2019-20 and that was a pretty good offensive team with Fobbs and company. Add Rizzuto, who is a career 36% shooter from deep. Have a healthy Gibson, who shot 37% from deep as a freshman. An improved Timberlake. Gray at least is a threat. Nolan is erratic. Holden was probably flukish that he is shooting 41% because he never really did that before. We don't really have great creators. Holden can sort of create. Nolan kind of, sort of. But I like Gibson off the ball. He can't really create either, but others can create for him. So sure, we are firing a million three-pointers, which is fine as long as we shoot 35% or more. Thompson is capable of what he did today and that's 10-12ppg. Paar can give you 4-5 when the lineup is not small and quick. We don't have a Fobbs, who can create his own mid-range shot or get fouled. Holden is the closest to that and I think he'll be the guy at the end of games, but I like the fact that he's high IQ, and won't just force some bad shot if he doesn't have an advantage.

Gibby is in good company with Gary Neal in the record books. Love his moxy battling back after an injury. It can be a different guy with the hot hand every night. This is the most fun Towson team since the Bennimon 2013 era. Keep shooting those 3’s!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A win is a win. Need to be more consistent. Especially with a difficult schedule coming up. Each night it’s a new person. Can we get 2-3 players going each game?  If so this team can be good. If not we are looking at more of the same. 

cannot allow role/bench players to scorch us night in and night out.  That’s gonna hurt us down the road

5 Guys in double figures. I dont know what more you want. They covered on the road in a total letdown situation. 

they're 18-22 yr old kids. It’s not going to be perfect every night. 

5 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

5 Guys in double figures. I dont know what more you want. They covered on the road in a total letdown situation. 

they're 18-22 yr old kids. It’s not going to be perfect every night. 

I don’t know what you’re asking. 
Could care less if they cover, being a good team  covering spreads doesn’t make it to the ncaat. 

Never said it’s going to be perfect.  Holden had struggled a bit recently due to defenses focusing  on him. We have the ability to have a few players go off each game. If we can get 3 or more playing well in a game we will be dangerous, but consistency is important

yawn.. I digress. if I say that sky is blue today with some clouds somehow you’ll argue and believe that I’m saying it’s green and raining..