• advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB rolls over JMU 84-65

9 minutes ago, Blounge said:

^bad things happen in Philadelphia 

Let’s hope UNCW has bad things happen to them in the City of Brotherly Dunks 

CA50A913-447A-441F-AF87-05AD1CA0FDC0.png

Like everyone on this board, I'm really enjoying this team, and they got the home crowd and atmosphere they deserve last night. One thing we need to tighten up on defensively is all dunks and other points we allowed in the paint. JMU has a lot of quickness, so that's part of it, but some guys seemed slow in taking away paths to the basket. 

Only someone with a loser mentality and hoping for 2nd would be remotely interested in what the 3 & 4 teams need to do.  The task is simple and we know it.  If Drexel and/or Delaware give us some help, then we’ll happily take it.  Fortunately, those on the floor and sidelines are focused on what needs to be done. 

It’ll be interesting to see how both teams approach the rematch on Saturday.  I’ve gotta think we keep feeding CT and hopefully get a few more 3s to drop.  We have too many weapons for JMU to deal with and I hope our defense keeps the same focus they had once JMU cut it to 3.  

It’s awesome that we have a game Saturday that could decide a lot of things.  Take care of goal #1 first and work from there.  

49 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Like everyone on this board, I'm really enjoying this team, and they got the home crowd and atmosphere they deserve last night. One thing we need to tighten up on defensively is all dunks and other points we allowed in the paint. JMU has a lot of quickness, so that's part of it, but some guys seemed slow in taking away paths to the basket. 

JMU certainly had there share of dunks. I attribute some of that to there ability to penetrate and break down our D on occasions. There PG is quite quick. I attribute the rest to some success they had in pressing us, leading to some bad turnovers by us, the most mind numbing of which was the Gibson turnover in the 2nd half, where he was talking someone (a teammate, I thought) and the JMU defender just waltzed up to him and stole the ball. It was almost cartoonish. Still, we clubbed them by almost 20, even though we yakked away most of the lead in the 2nd half. Always an interesting phenomenon how a team down by 15-20 points can make a run, but often they get achingly close to taking the lead, only to fall short (fortunately that’s what happened last night. 
We have some things to clean up before the rematch. Let’s face it, JMU would love to play spoiler on there way out the door. 

40 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Only someone with a loser mentality and hoping for 2nd would be remotely interested in what the 3 & 4 teams need to do.  The task is simple and we know it.  If Drexel and/or Delaware give us some help, then we’ll happily take it.  Fortunately, those on the floor and sidelines are focused on what needs to be done. 

It’ll be interesting to see how both teams approach the rematch on Saturday.  I’ve gotta think we keep feeding CT and hopefully get a few more 3s to drop.  We have too many weapons for JMU to deal with and I hope our defense keeps the same focus they had once JMU cut it to 3.  

It’s awesome that we have a game Saturday that could decide a lot of things.  Take care of goal #1 first and work from there.  

What took you so long??? Loser mentality, hoping for second?  You must be speaking of some others on this board…

I will give you that I didn’t think this team would go on this run the last 8 games or so. It was a tough schedule and they played extremely well. 

Going through the scenarios of what needs to and can happen isn’t a dig on anyone. I’ll be watching the Uncw Drexel game tonight feverishly.

The expectation for me is always first. Now most years that is fairly unattainable.

37 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

JMU certainly had there share of dunks. I attribute some of that to there ability to penetrate and break down our D on occasions. There PG is quite quick. I attribute the rest to some success they had in pressing us, leading to some bad turnovers by us, the most mind numbing of which was the Gibson turnover in the 2nd half, where he was talking someone (a teammate, I thought) and the JMU defender just waltzed up to him and stole the ball. It was almost cartoonish. Still, we clubbed them by almost 20, even though we yakked away most of the lead in the 2nd half. Always an interesting phenomenon how a team down by 15-20 points can make a run, but often they get achingly close to taking the lead, only to fall short (fortunately that’s what happened last night. 
We have some things to clean up before the rematch. Let’s face it, JMU would love to play spoiler on there way out the door. 

A lot of their dunks and layups came off pressure or long misses (Atleast in the first half). They are a pretty athletic team but have lost a lot to injuries. They shoot pretty well but don’t defend. Lots of close losses.  They do have some fight in them (pun intended), with not much to play for. 

11 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol, yeah scenarios to win the conference is nonsense…

with two full games left I’d agree but that half game trailing by 9 looms large

Nonsense

• Thanks 1