• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2022-23 Transfer Portal

great get.  D2 player of the year is sort of like the walter payton award winner in FCS, I'm expecting big things from him and I really excited that Skerry and staff AGAIN seem to have struck gold via the portal.  

Here was a quote from him as to why he was looking to join.....Love that fact that we are getting some love from him for being the best team in the CAA and have a great chance to go dancing...

“I picked them because they were the regular season champs last season and we really have a real chance to go dancing next year,” he said.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I like what I’m seeing so far. Lots of interesting pieces with the transfers and incoming freshmen. Could be another deep team who can score! Gotta love how much fun they were to watch this past season. Hopefully even more fun to be had with the squad that’s returning. We could be Maryland’s best basketball school, why not us!?

We have to be the early favorites in the CAA, right?

7 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

We have to be the early favorites in the CAA, right?

Tigers hens cougars Seahawks in that top tier 

who knows after that. With the new teams and mass exodus’ elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Tigers hens cougars Seahawks in that top tier 

who knows after that. With the new teams and mass exodus’ elsewhere. 

Hofstra if Estrada returns.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m already imagining him playing in the nba. But yeah they would probably be right there with us

He would need to bulk up and improve his 3-point shot. He's definitely a pro somewhere. But sure, I'd like to see him make that jump.

Hofstra will be good even if Estrada bails.  C of C brought in a ton of non D-1 talent, they are a wildcard....UNCW should be good again, Delaware has that young guy who came on like a freight train coming back.....

How about Northeastern.  To the best of my knowledge not a single transfer has committed to them.  Amazing how that program fell off of cliff.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m already imagining him playing in the nba. But yeah they would probably be right there with us

If there’s one thing last season taught us is that accurate preseason prognostications are nigh impossible, given that no one really knows how teams are going to perform, what with all the new players most teams will have, courtesy of the portal.

I notice for instance that C of C has loaded up on transfers, from NAIA, JUCO, D2, D1, and State Penitentiary (just kidding about the latter…maybe)

18 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Hofstra if Estrada returns.

There's a clear #1 next year and then that tier above and a lot of yuck. With one more good transfer let's get a ooc schedule worthy of an at large if can only drop 1 or 2 in caa.