• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Steenkamer

News Journal column: UD might be closing in on potential FBS intentions

A long time successful fcs mainstay that tries and wins every year, that has been itching to move for years now, seeing Jmu move up and have immediate success, preparing to move up?! Call me SHOCKED!!  
another nail into the fcs coffin. If fcs was AA before we are definitely rookie ball now 

31 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Maybe if all the good teams leave the conference we’ll have a better chance of winning the championship 

Lol. 1, maybe 2 down, 9 left to go!?

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A long time successful fcs mainstay that tries and wins every year, that has been itching to move for years now, seeing Jmu move up and have immediate success, preparing to move up?! Call me SHOCKED!!  
another nail into the fcs coffin. If fcs was AA before we are definitely rookie ball now 

The big question is where does our football future lie, given that with each passing year the JMU’s & DE’s of the world are leaving FCS for the FBS. Does there come a time where the FCS just ceases to exist, or, in the alternative, becomes the functional equivalent of D2? My fear is that we don’t have a plan, but rather will be reactive, not proactive, and let’s others dictate our future

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

The big question is where does our football future lie, given that with each passing year the JMU’s & DE’s of the world are leaving FCS for the FBS. Does there come a time where the FCS just ceases to exist, or, in the alternative, becomes the functional equivalent of D2? My fear is that we don’t have a plan, but rather will be reactive, not proactive, and let’s others dictate our future

New AD from an FBS school. Guessing he has a plan but they need to start winning again, get the support of the administration and the donors. JMU is a lot more ready than Delaware to make that jump but they are the closest in the CAA in terms of tradition and fan support.

Hopefully there will be a mid major part of FBS where it will start to look more like an upgraded FCS, but who knows. The future of FCS is a bit fuzzy right now.

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

There are more questions than answers right now for both us and fcs football.  Delaware and Wm are the next two dominoes to fall. Thus leaving us, elon and the newbies as the full sports members…

I'm pretty nervous for the future of our program and FCS as a whole. Several of the schools that have moved up in recent years have done well (JMU, App St., Coastal, Liberty) and I'm sure there are other consistently successful FCS programs who think they could do the same. For those of you who want to see us drop down a division, I fear you might get your wish when all is said and done because I do not see FCS/D1-AA continuing as-is and we are not even close to ready to move to FBS. Strange times.