• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

#12 W&M routs Football 44-24

I’ll say this. KS and Steve can’t be happy with what they saw yesterday, A terrible crowd on Homecoming when it was a perfect fall day and the parking lots were pretty full but not everyone came in. If they extend him, the crowds won’t get better. Most of saw this I  2008.

There are some things that went on before Steve got here that didn’t help this situation. I do wonder what would have happened had he been allowed to hire an OC after Jared had left. If given a clean slate, maybe improve the defensive staff, but we’ve seen that story before.

Ultimately, it came down to whiffing on four QBs after Flacco: TJ3, Pass, CF and now Piggy. You can’t do that at this level and then you don’t play many of the transfers for various reasons but I don’t thin like it even mattered with this scheme. That and the fact that the defense rarely forces turnovers because they play either soft or just react instead of acting.

Everyone knows. Old, middle age, young, etc. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Other than Flacco, his record in terms of transfer QB’s isn’t much better. Olsen (never played); Pass (never played); Mahalik (played a few games before injuries ended his career. Not sure he was that good, irrespective of the injuries); Pigrome (good runner, below average passer, at best). Am I forgetting anyone? 

His ineptitude when it comes to QB’s is a shocking indictment of his tenure. 

I would rank over all his QB transfers 1. Enders, 2. Flacco.  However we only had 4 years with them.  Add in the one year of Athens and you have 5 good QB years out of 13 or 14 years.

16 minutes ago, omniland said:

I would rank over all his QB transfers 1. Enders, 2. Flacco.  However we only had 4 years with them.  Add in the one year of Athens and you have 5 good QB years out of 13 or 14 years.

Add Joe Brennan to the list. Transfer from Wisconsin. As for HS QBs, Ellis Knudsen had a big arm but didn’t really have the acumen. Ryan Stover had the size and could run. But other things seemed to get in the way with him,

Athens tried to play lax because Enders surpassed him, but fortunately he stuck around and wasn’t that great in lax.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I’ll say this. KS and Steve can’t be happy with what they saw yesterday, A terrible crowd on Homecoming when it was a perfect fall day and the parking lots were pretty full but not everyone came in. If they extend him, the crowds won’t get better. Most of saw this I  2008.

There are some things that went on before Steve got here that didn’t help this situation. I do wonder what would have happened had he been allowed to hire an OC after Jared had left. If given a clean slate, maybe improve the defensive staff, but we’ve seen that story before.

Ultimately, it came down to whiffing on four QBs after Flacco: TJ3, Pass, CF and now Piggy. You can’t do that at this level and then you don’t play many of the transfers for various reasons but I don’t thin like it even mattered with this scheme. That and the fact that the defense rarely forces turnovers because they play either soft or just react instead of acting.

Everyone knows. Old, middle age, young, etc. 

I forgot Chris Ferguson on the failed transfer QB list. Brennan, Olsen, Mahalik, Pass, Ferguson and Pigrome. 🥺

4,400 people? For homecoming? on a beautiful day?  This program isn’t on life support anymore it’s dead.  
Last place in the caa.  Even stony Brook got 7500 for their homecoming game against Maine. 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

4,400 people? For homecoming? on a beautiful day?  This program isn’t on life support anymore it’s dead.  
Last place in the caa.  Even stony Brook got 7500 for their homecoming game against Maine. 

I told you 6500 was generous! It’s not just limited to the 5 of us on here the whole state knows Rob can’t get it done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

I told you 6500 was generous! It’s not just limited to the 5 of us on here the whole state knows Rob can’t get it done

Makes you wonder what the attendance will be for the last 2 homes games. 

37 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Makes you wonder what the attendance will be for the last 2 homes games. 

They won’t list it under 3500 but it’s gonna as ugly as the play on the field