• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB crushes Drexel, 90-68

After Drexel was up 13-5 early, we out scored them by 30. Got to love the balanced scoring. Seems like we’re regularly getting 5-6 guys a night in double figures.  Great game as far as getting to the line, & converting.

Really impressed with Tunstall’s performance tonight-8 boards & 3 blocks in just 19 minutes.  And another good game from Morman. He can be dynamic in transition. 

With W&M’s loss, we’re a game out of 1st. While it’s cliched, any team in this conference can beat any other team on any given night. JMU bearing Elon tonight is illustrative of that. 

On to UNCW.

This is one of those ho-hum wins where those of us who are old enough, remember the nasty matchups in the 90s between these programs. But they are rebuilding. Lst year, we couldn't stop Kurk Lee II in that double-overtime classic. But this year, I thought Briant Starr did an excellent job on him. Starr had a terrific all-around game. I thought Morman also played well, scoring early when we looked flat. Defended well as usual. Was great on transition.

Backup point guard still an issue. We really don't have one. Went ice cold in the 2nd half again. Wonder if it's the basket. Went 0-8 from 3pt range and there were some bad shots, esp. the one by Mike on that 1 on 5 break.

But you can't really dissect this one. It's just on to UNCW after a one-game homestand (thanks CAA).

Thought Morman was the player of the game. Provided much needed spark coming off the bench in the beginning of both halves when we were flat and also played phenomenal defense. 

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

This is one of those ho-hum wins where those of us who are old enough, remember the nasty matchups in the 90s between these programs. But they are rebuilding. Lst year, we couldn't stop Kurk Lee II in that double-overtime classic. But this year, I thought Briant Starr did an excellent job on him. Starr had a terrific all-around game. I thought Morman also played well, scoring early when we looked flat. Defended well as usual. Was great on transition.

Backup point guard still an issue. We really don't have one. Went ice cold in the 2nd half again. Wonder if it's the basket. Went 0-8 from 3pt range and there were some bad shots, esp. the one by Mike on that 1 on 5 break.

But you can't really dissect this one. It's just on to UNCW after a one-game homestand (thanks CAA).

Took the words right out of my mouth about Morman, ha.