• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Pete Shinnick named football coach

9 hours ago, TSU88 said:

For those stats geeks amongst you, last season, UWF averaged 4,403 attendance for its home games, with 3 crowds in excess of 5K, the highest being 5,503. I wasn’t able to determine their maximum seating capacity, though I believe it’s not much more than 5K.

OTOH, last season we averaged 5,567 per home game attendance. However, if you redact the season high in attendance, 9,784 vs Morgan (driven in no small measure by Morgan fans) our average attendance for the remainder of our home games was 4,513, or just 110 people per game higher than UWF’s average attendance. In fact, UWF’s highest attendance for 1 game, 5,503, surpassed all of our single game attendance figures, with the exception of the Morgan game & the UNH game, where the attendance was 5 people more (5,508) than UWF’s highest attendance (5,503)

Sobering really. 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Who the f cares?! Besides the fact that they and every other school move faster than us.

CAA is so bad that this new guy should be able to have us competitive year one lol

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sobering really. 

Who the f cares?! Besides the fact that they and every other school move faster than us.

CAA is so bad that this new guy should be able to have us competitive year one lol

Huh? I’m just showing that they hired a guy who was not on their staff. I'm not making a statement because they hired him early. They also probably knew this day was coming. A good part of the staff is either coming here or staying considering he’s a former player.

Did you really think they were hiring Shinnick while his team was in the playoffs? He wasn't leaving them until they won it or they were out.

• Like 1

I'll be at the press conference tomorrow at 11:30am. If anybody has a question, I might be able to ask it or I might try and get a one-on-one with him. Probably will only get a couple of questions with the Sun, Press Box, and others there. Would like to ask him why he chose Towson when he has other options. I assume the Colts' connection was one thing, but had to be more than that. I've said this to people and maybe not enough on here. We need somebody to sell us and tell our story. D3 playoffs, D2 playoffs, D1AA playoffs/title game. From the crappiest facilities imaginable to decent facilities and now better facilities ahead.

So let's remember. Pet might have been Steve's guy since the beginning. I'm not saying it was and I can ask this but we COULD NOT HIRE HIM right away because he was not leaving West Florida in the playoffs. But I think he was one of his guys and the FBS/NFL assistants were asking for too much in terms of money for assistants. I think a guy ilke Chesney from Holy Cross could have been in the mix but just got a new deal, the Crusaders had another nice playoff run and he's probably looking for bigger and better things.

I guess the question I have for him is with respect to recruiting.  The West Florida offense since 2019 has centered around their great offensive line with versatility and chemistry it sounds.  They were rushing for 243 yards per game and putting up 43+ points per game.  
Have to recruit both sides of the ball but will his emphasis be the Offensive line so we can try and replicate the #1 ranked West Florida offense.  

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I guess the question I have for him is with respect to recruiting.  The West Florida offense since 2019 has centered around their great offensive line with versatility and chemistry it sounds.  They were rushing for 243 yards per game and putting up 43+ points per game.  
Have to recruit both sides of the ball but will his emphasis be the Offensive line so we can try and replicate the #1 ranked West Florida offense.  

The Oline isn’t bad right now. They have some pieces. They need a big armed athletic QB and some fresh ideas. Running the Power was great with #28 and a great line. It’s time to go four and five wide. Not saying go Air Raid [RIP Coach Leach], but let’s have some fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The Oline isn’t bad right now. They have some pieces. They need a big armed athletic QB and some fresh ideas. Running the Power was great with #28 and a great line. It’s time to go four and five wide. Not saying go Air Raid [RIP Coach Leach], but let’s have some fun.

Yeah I neglected to mention they had 35 passing TD’s this past season.  High powered offense would be fun to watch.  
He got Peewee from Iowa so safe to say this guy has strong relationships with JC’s all over the country.  And glancing at his roster he had a bunch of Southern Miss transfers. 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

Not sure how I feel about this but he runs a "no cussing pg mentality" type of style. Expects that of his guys too.. 

Edited by sr16
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sr16 said:

Not sure how I feel about this but he runs a "no cussing pg mentality" type of style. Expects that of his guys too.. 

Like him already then.. lol