• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Announces Comprehensive Media Rights Agreement With CBS Sports and FloSports

They really make it hard to be a fan of these schools don't they. I really enjoyed when we were on NBC Sports Network, however I do appreciate that this is a way to have access for each game.

I just wish they would cut deals for the paywall to be cheaper than it is. It may not be overly expensive on its own, but when you think of the fact that they are competing with other streaming options that provide multiple viewing options for people when all they have is the school your root for (since lets face it very few in the CAA care about the other games that are going in unless there are late-season conference standing implications).

I realize I am not the audience, but the CBS basketball games are on so early in the central time zone it drives me crazy (I can only imagine how it first into Bay Area's schedule). I do realize it is mostly convenient for those in the Eastern timezone.

I hate this deal in so many ways, but I am sure they get more money from it than they do the obvious options that we would all prefer. 

• Like 1

I also don't like that quarters, semis and finals of our conference tournament for basketball runs on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It just seems like it isn't really going on during a good timeframe for fans to travel to it. I know it is controlled by TV and there might not be fans no matters what, but it would be nice to have a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, or at worst Saturday, Sunday and Monday dates. Maybe it is just me, but I am planning on traveling for a second year in a row in hopes that we might catch lighting in a bottle, and I hate planning for this travel with this format. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

They really make it hard to be a fan of these schools don't they. I really enjoyed when we were on NBC Sports Network, however I do appreciate that this is a way to have access for each game.

I just wish they would cut deals for the paywall to be cheaper than it is. It may not be overly expensive on its own, but when you think of the fact that they are competing with other streaming options that provide multiple viewing options for people when all they have is the school your root for (since lets face it very few in the CAA care about the other games that are going in unless there are late-season conference standing implications).

I realize I am not the audience, but the CBS basketball games are on so early in the central time zone it drives me crazy (I can only imagine how it first into Bay Area's schedule). I do realize it is mostly convenient for those in the Eastern timezone.

I hate this deal in so many ways, but I am sure they get more money from it than they do the obvious options that we would all prefer. 

Deal looks to be status quo. That’s what the caa is now.  They are getting paid which is great but flo is just too expensive for an awful product.  

they are early because they need to get us on tv per the contract and have better games later lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger93 said:

I also don't like that quarters, semis and finals of our conference tournament for basketball runs on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It just seems like it isn't really going on during a good timeframe for fans to travel to it. I know it is controlled by TV and there might not be fans no matters what, but it would be nice to have a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, or at worst Saturday, Sunday and Monday dates. Maybe it is just me, but I am planning on traveling for a second year in a row in hopes that we might catch lighting in a bottle, and I hate planning for this travel with this format. 

It blows. Give me the old fri-mon format like they did in Richmond.  Honestly with what 14 teams next year? Cut the tourney down to 12. Top 4 get byes and go from there.  This year the 13-12 game should be played on Tuesday after the season at the higher teams court to advance to dc

• Like 1

No, just no.

Just leave the CAA already; at this point go to the SoCon or whatever the OVC is going to be call. I now only watch games when we are away out of conference and get them free on ESPN +. I'd rather listen to the free radio stream than pay for Flo.  Give a membership away as a Tiger Club perk or I will continue to never watch Towson sports which is just sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

Giving up long term benefits in way of short term gains... Need to take advantage of winning ON TV. 

Which a caa team hasn’t done since 2013 in a PIG by a team that is no longer in the league. 

3 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

No, just no.

Just leave the CAA already; at this point go to the SoCon or whatever the OVC is going to be call. I now only watch games when we are away out of conference and get them free on ESPN +. I'd rather listen to the free radio stream than pay for Flo.  Give a membership away as a Tiger Club perk or I will continue to never watch Towson sports which is just sad. 

They did during Covid which was nice. No one wants us. There are 4 teams that will and can leave before us. They are either hoops hotbeds, phenomenal academics or a bit of both. 

caa is 26th of 32 conferences in hoops. We used to be consistently 10-14. Even after the Va schools left we were alright 14-20.  League is a joke and we keep adding more awful schools.  

• Like 3