• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tiger93

Remaining Schedules for Top Five Teams in CAA

I just glanced at what is left for the top five teams in the CAA. The Drexel loss blew up any faint possibility of challenging for the regular-season title so now it is all about seeding and making sure we don't end up playing on Saturday in the CAA Tournament, which will happen to either Drexel, UNCW or us.

Here is breakdown of the teams in the top five, their home/road record splits and remaining schedule. I think it is really important to take care of business these next three games to try to lock in a top 4 (hopefully top 3) seed. We are the only team right now that has played more home games than road games, but that will even up after tonight. UNC-W did stumble against William & Mary so we need to be careful tonight.

That final road trip is going to be tough, but would love to be able to play knowing our seeding is pretty much settled. Of course, it would also be nice to take at least one of those games to feel good about how we are playing heading into tournament play (which I know a lot won't no matter what we do). With games against Hofstra and UNC-W, Drexel could fall off the pace quickly, although the UNC-W game is at home. I actually think we might be better than UNC-W (and I do think we are better than Drexel despite Saturday's loss), but clearly Charleston and Hofstra have to be considered the favorites. 

College of Charleston (5-1 home, 7-1 road), Hofstra (5-1 home, 7-1 road), UNC-W (5-2 home, 5-2 road), Towson (6-1 home, 3-3 road), Drexel (7-0 home, 2-5 road)

Feb. 13 - Northeastern at Charleston; Drexel at Hofstra; Towson at William & Mary, UNC-Wilmington does not play
Feb. 16 - Charleston at Elon; Hampton at Hofstra; UNC-W at Drexel; Delaware at Towson
Feb. 18 - Hofstra at Stony Brook; UNC-W at Delaware; NC A&T at Towson; Drexel at Hampton; Charleston does not play
Feb. 23 - Towson at Charleston; Stony Brook at UNC-W; Northeastern at Drexel; Hofstra does not play
Feb. 25 - Stony Brook at Charleston; Northeastern at Hofstra; Towson at UNC-W; Drexel does not play

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I just glanced at what is left for the top five teams in the CAA. The Drexel loss blew up any faint possibility of challenging for the regular-season title so now it is all about seeding and making sure we don't end up playing on Saturday in the CAA Tournament, which will happen to either Drexel, UNCW or us.

Here is breakdown of the teams in the top five, their home/road record splits and remaining schedule. I think it is really important to take care of business these next three games to try to lock in a top 4 (hopefully top 3) seed. We are the only team right now that has played more home games than road games, but that will even up after tonight. UNC-W did stumble against William & Mary so we need to be careful tonight.

That final road trip is going to be tough, but would love to be able to play knowing our seeding is pretty much settled. Of course, it would also be nice to take at least one of those games to feel good about how we are playing heading into tournament play (which I know a lot won't no matter what we do). With games against Hofstra and UNC-W, Drexel could fall off the pace quickly, although the UNC-W game is at home. I actually think we might be better than UNC-W (and I do think we are better than Drexel despite Saturday's loss), but clearly Charleston and Hofstra have to be considered the favorites. 

College of Charleston (5-1 home, 7-1 road), Hofstra (5-1 home, 7-1 road), UNC-W (5-2 home, 5-2 road), Towson (6-1 home, 3-3 road), Drexel (7-0 home, 2-5 road)

Feb. 13 - Northeastern at Charleston; Drexel at Hofstra; Towson at William & Mary, UNC-Wilmington does not play
Feb. 16 - Charleston at Elon; Hampton at Hofstra; UNC-W at Drexel; Delaware at Towson
Feb. 18 - Hofstra at Stony Brook; UNC-W at Delaware; NC A&T at Towson; Drexel at Hampton; Charleston does not play
Feb. 23 - Towson at Charleston; Stony Brook at UNC-W; Northeastern at Drexel; Hofstra does not play
Feb. 25 - Stony Brook at Charleston; Northeastern at Hofstra; Towson at UNC-W; Drexel does not play

We desperately need Hofstra to beat Drexel tonight, and handle our business in Williamsburg. Anyone know if Collier is playing for W&M tonight? He didn’t play in their last game. We also have to severely limit Nelson’s open looks for 3. He’s a much less effective shooter when his shot is contested. 

I’m thinking about making a parlay tonight 

Delaware over Stony Brook

Towson over William & Mary

Hofstra(at home) over Drexel

any thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Blounge said:

any thoughts?

Moneyline or spreads

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

any thoughts?

I like it, bounceback game for us and Hofstra is balling rn. Unsure about Del and SB

I'm worried about carry-over from Saturday affecting us tonight. The first time we played W&M, they came out hot, hitting three after three. We recovered, and then pulled away, but that was at home. If we start out slow again, and Nic gets into a funk, and Cam tries to do too much, and Charles is MIA for extended periods, well, that's recipe for back-to-back losses. I HOPE I'M WRONG -- but this team is inconsistent.

23 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I'm worried about carry-over from Saturday affecting us tonight. The first time we played W&M, they came out hot, hitting three after three. We recovered, and then pulled away, but that was at home. If we start out slow again, and Nic gets into a funk, and Cam tries to do too much, and Charles is MIA for extended periods, well, that's recipe for back-to-back losses. I HOPE I'M WRONG -- but this team is inconsistent.

Yup. We aren’t gonna score 90 again against them. Need to defend the 3 better to have a chance.
“Consistently inconsistent, Towson hoops”

Christian May in the starting lineup, as is Hicks. Conway and Russell to the bench 

Edited by TSU88