• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls at W&M 68-66

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

Don’t really want to get into a debate over who is a good guy and who is not, because it is totally irrelevant. He is paid to win meaningful games……and he does not. However, he clearly knows how to choose the correct agent to negotiate a contract. Everyone has their own talents.

Well, it sounds like we’re in agreement, so I’ll leave it at that. However, the lawyer in me has an insatiable need for the last word, so I’ll end by saying it’s not an easy thing to advocate for another person to be replaced in their employment, especially if they’re a good person. I guess that was all I was trying to say about him being a good guy. Again however, given his contract security, it’s really a moot point if he’s a good guy or not, since he’s not going anywhere 

3 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

Don’t really want to get into a debate over who is a good guy and who is not, because it is totally irrelevant. He is paid to win meaningful games……and he does not. However, he clearly knows how to choose the correct agent to negotiate a contract. Everyone has their own talents.

True, I guess we can add savvy business person to Skerry's skill set. He saw a good opportunity to get paid in a stable role. Good for him, he tricked the interviewer into giving him the job.

4 minutes ago, Blounge said:

True, I guess we can add savvy business person to Skerry's skill set. He saw a good opportunity to get paid in a stable role. Good for him, he tricked the interviewer into giving him the job.

Sort of like the salesman who sold boys bands to River City, Iowa

• Like 1

There is just never any emotional development or increased mental acuity as the season goes on. Timberlake making a mistake you expect maybe May to make.. Senior fouling with under 2 seconds as they are hightailing it from one side of the court to the other is just downright horrible. 

17 minutes ago, sr16 said:

There is just never any emotional development or increased mental acuity as the season goes on. Timberlake making a mistake you expect maybe May to make.. Senior fouling with under 2 seconds as they are hightailing it from one side of the court to the other is just downright horrible. 

The players should read Pete Carrill's book outlining his philosophy.....The strong take from the weak, BUT The Smart Take From The Strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

It’s inconceivable how a college player in his 5th season, who is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team would commit such a foul. A high school freshman I could understand. Is it poor basketball IQ, poor coaching, a combo of the two? Just infuriating, especially in conjunction with him shooting what, 1-9 from the field last night, or something similar 

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

Sort of like the salesman who sold boys bands to River City, Iowa

Or Lyle Lanley selling a monorail system to Springfield 

BB263554-C6BE-41F0-B508-187E2CFBADE6.jpeg

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

It’s inconceivable how a college player in his 5th season, who is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team would commit such a foul. A high school freshman I could understand. Is it poor basketball IQ, poor coaching, a combo of the two? Just infuriating, especially in conjunction with him shooting what, 1-9 from the field last night, or something similar 

Any coach worth his or her salt will tell you.....Physical mistakes happen....but there is no excuse for mental errors. This team makes way too many mental errors to be a competitive squad at a high level.

You can blame Skerry for the slow starts and many other things, but that’s on Nic. One thing he needs to start doing is subbing him out for May or Russell when it’s late in games for defense. That couldn’t happen on that last play unless the Tribe called timeout. 

NT’s last 2 games: 6-21 from the field, 7 TO’s to 0 Assists, key miss at Drexel and commits foul at W&M with 2 seconds left, far from the basket with the game tied. This is not a low blow, just the facts. 

Having visions of Mike Singletary’s “cannot play with him, cannot win with him, cannot coach with him “ rant. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Thanks 1