• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Well, his situation is just as ridiculous as Betrand’s. I blame the NCAA; nobody should be playing for 4 different schools. 2 sure; 3, it depends on the individual circumstances, but a player should have to sit out a year, in between schools 2 & 3, absent exigent circumstances. 4 schools should be a hard no. By that time, go play pro ball or use your degree, from one of the 3 schools you’ve already attended, to get a job 

“Get off my lawn!”  Just kidding.  This is the way it is now. Sucks but does make rebuilding quicker.   

Think we kick the tires on betrand, like Zane?  Again just kidding. 
 Let’s get him, the Dayton kid and Nick to come back too. We will have one of the oldest basketball teams college OR pro😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Get off my lawn!”  Just kidding.  This is the way it is now. Sucks but does make rebuilding quicker.   

I’m guilty of being a curmudgeon. Still don’t like it, but it is what it is. And next time that ball 🏀 comes on my yard I’m keeping it!!!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

What you hinting at here?

Probably that the transfer portal could heat up on Thursday, April 6 until Sunday, April 9, and that there will be a little more action when things reopen April 14. I think I read that right, but not sure. 

I’m not saying anything other than the fact that visits are coming up. It wasn’t likely that we were adding guys yet and we have to be incredibly selective with just two ships available. It’s probably better for both sides that they meet. It also doesn’t hurt that the weather is getting warmer.

43 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Career 25% 3-point shooter and he’s a guard 🥺

I get it, we’re just kicking the tires and doesn’t mean we’re signing him, but I hope there’s a master plan here, rather than casting a wide net & seeing what gets caught in it. There’s still time and plenty of fish in the ocean, so I’ll reserve judgment, though I admit to having a slight feeling of unease about who we’re going to wind up with