• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

Good for him.  I enjoyed watching him play and happy that he gets a shot to play in the NCAAs.  However, KU will just disappoint in the NCAAs as they do most years.  

10 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

Good for him.  I enjoyed watching him play and happy that he gets a shot to play in the NCAAs.  However, KU will just disappoint in the NCAAs as they do most years.  

Bill Self won it all in 2008 and 2022.  Blue Blood Top Program 

29 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hard pass. 29.5% shooter from deep. 3 schools in 4 years. 

Also had a pesky little brush with the law recently, where he apparently decided it was a good idea to punch a cop. (Story can be found on google). 

Double hard pass 

34 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

4 schools in 5 years for you TSU 88😂

You kids get off my lawn!! And next time that ball comes on my lawn, I’m keeping it!!!

Look, I’m not the only one who finds this ridiculous. I think Dick Vitale recently excoriated the portal and I think some active coaches have as well, if I’m not mistaken. It refutes any notion that guys like this are in college to get an education, and it also makes the TU’s of the world farm teams for the P5’s. It also hurts borderline HS recruits, who are not getting offers (at least D1 offers) because schools are opting to bring in portal guys instead. Frankly, it also hurts some of the players who enter the portal, who think the grass will be greener, only to find out that’s not always the case. 

I’m actually a little surprised Estrada didn’t opt to go pro. It does say something that the 2 plum CAA portal guys went to Kansas and Alabama. 

• Like 1