• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston in Semifinals 77-72

At the end of the game you could see Pat Kelsey say something along the lines of "im sorry, im emotional" skerry does some light scolding and hes like "we'll talk later" 

12 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Maybe because Towson fouled more?

Yup. I mean there weee a few questionable calls but nothing over the top.  One team gets fouled and offensive rebounds and makes their fts. The other just hopes someone gets hot

10 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yup. I mean there weee a few questionable calls but nothing over the top.  One team gets fouled and offensive rebounds and makes their fts. The other just hopes someone gets hot

In the end, the answer is pretty simple…..Charleston is better.

7 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Same old same old. Still haven’t played for a championship. Still haven’t won a big game. Awful start to second half. Nice finish. Choke job with the lead at the end. Not surprising.

4-11 for skerry. Dude a is a wet hen And looks sick when lights are bright no wonder why the players choke too. next year could be 1-31 level. Keep bringing back same coach and players and expect different results. 12 years. .500 record.   The oldies on here (most) and 2024 will want a parade. Rinse wash repeat. 

Give it a rest.  We know ..we know. Your constant “ see , I told you so” is nauseating.  “Rinse, wash , repeat “.. “Choke job’. Thank you for enlightening us. 
*SD I’m still here

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Give it a rest.  We know ..we know. Your constant “ see , I told you so” is nauseating.  “Rinse, wash , repeat “.. “Choke job’. Thank you for enlightening us. 
*SD I’m still here

Even though I am a frequent critic of Skerry, I totally understand your point.

However, there are things that need to be said in a forthright manner. There are coaches that rise as the lights get brighter. Skerry is not one of those. There are coaches that….not always, but more often than not, get teams of great talent, teams of mediocre talent and teams of lesser talent to win big games. That is what separates them from the 20 game winning coaches. 

This moment presents the new AD to make his statement. If we can not buy out a coach, in what is as important financially as any sport we have, then Towson is not serious about athletics. TU has no problem firing Field Hockey coach for not winning or a baseball coach or a track coach, because that really does not cost them anything. Put your money where your mouth is. Then and only then will the donors, supporters and students have any real hope that athletics is significant……and if not, at least we know where we stand. 

• Like 1

Man that was heartbreaking. Up 1 with 1:08 left and just couldn’t get that turnover at the end of the shot clock. Had 2 great looks on the following possession. Just didn’t make the shots at the end. 

After not winning one this year, idk if we ever will. Cam was incredible. 

I don’t think this one was Skerrys fault but he’s on the hot seat, if that’s even possible. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

So offensive rebounds and FTs work when it’s not Towson. But when it’s Towson it’s called Skerry ball. 

got it…

• Like 1