• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

Just judging from the box score, but I believe those two teams are about even. Meanwhile, the Tigers demonstrated they're capable of better than they looked the first four games; indeed, Saturday's result was a quantum leap achievement. Did we play over our heads, or were was the team merely lucky? How we perform vs Albany should prove to be the barometer reading required to gauge this team. 

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

If I’m reading this correctly, in addition to the prohibitive buy in fee, we would also have to have 16 different sports teams, and would have to offer 210 scholarships (over what period of time I’m not sure) which would have to cost 6 million dollars. Do we even have 16 different teams? Probably doesn’t matter, as I don’t see how we would pay the buy in fee. Perhaps I’m missing something, but it would appear we will be relegated to FCS in perpetuity, if this is enacted 

Just acknowledge we ain’t moving anywhere so turn on the money printers towards a goal of being the best gosh darn fcs program in the country 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If I’m reading this correctly, in addition to the prohibitive buy in fee, we would also have to have 16 different sports teams, and would have to offer 210 scholarships (over what period of time I’m not sure) which would have to cost 6 million dollars. Do we even have 16 different teams? Probably doesn’t matter, as I don’t see how we would pay the buy in fee. Perhaps I’m missing something, but it would appear we will be relegated to FCS in perpetuity, if this is enacted 

Towson sponsors 16 total athletic programs. Meets the NCAA minimum of 6 men’s programs.  Total scholarships 204 aand above the  $6mm threshold .  $5mm would have to be generated to pay for the fee.  = move to FBS as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

We technically have 19. 16 isn’t really that much.  But more importantly we couldn’t pay the fee and draw anywhere the amount needed.

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Just acknowledge we ain’t moving anywhere so turn on the money printers towards a goal of being the best gosh darn fcs program in the country 

Did anyone really think we were? Or should?Makes no sense.  If after the magical frisco run we were putting 10k butts in seats and winning 8-9 games a year, It might be something to look into.  That obviously did not happen 

We better start the GoFundMe 😆

Its going to take some highly motivated and well heeled donors to bite off that 5 million dollar fee, but I guess anything is possible.

That door you just heard closing is Delaware leaving the CAA, as I have little doubt they can pony up the 5 million. Then, where does that leave us?