• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

54 minutes ago, Blounge said:

They finally listened to me! Bucket hat day!!

Hopefully they only buy 200 of those. On that date likely won’t need anymore than that 😂 

49 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Coastal new additions

Hampton Yawn

NC A&T Yawn

Campbell maybe interesting?

Bryant Yawn

All yawn. We were never going to replace Jmu in regards to all sports (yes their men’s basketball has been bad for a decade or so sans 1-2 years but fans showed up), but we didn’t need to add 5-6 other random schools. Should have have added Monmouth all sports. A good southern basketball school and full membership to stony Brook. 12 for hoops and football 

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/DanSteenkamer/status/1689691581261971457?s=20

Some thoughts on the similar (and valid, as above) discontent with CAAFB composition that you'll find at GoHens.net...

UD is basically a bit paralyzed, in my view. The William & Mary message board either wants to leave with Delaware or figures Hens will be gone next, but UD doesn't have an easy way out/way upward.

If I'm Towson, I'd expect Delaware to be in my football scheduling pod for foreseeable future post-Bryant-addition.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dan Steenkamer said:

https://twitter.com/DanSteenkamer/status/1689691581261971457?s=20

Some thoughts on the similar (and valid, as above) discontent with CAAFB composition that you'll find at GoHens.net...

UD is basically a bit paralyzed, in my view. The William & Mary message board either wants to leave with Delaware or figures Hens will be gone next, but UD doesn't have an easy way out/way upward.

If I'm Towson, I'd expect Delaware to be in my football scheduling pod for foreseeable future post-Bryant-addition.

Take us with you hens and tribe 

• Like 1

In this wild age of "big-boy" conference realignment why not look to grow the CAA too.  SoCon programs like Chattanooga, Mercer and Furman would be solid additions to the CAA.....respectable football and/or basketball programs that would help expand the geographic footprint of our conference.  

1 hour ago, AtlantaTiger said:

In this wild age of "big-boy" conference realignment why not look to grow the CAA too.  SoCon programs like Chattanooga, Mercer and Furman would be solid additions to the CAA.....respectable football and/or basketball programs that would help expand the geographic footprint of our conference.  

1. Look at the commissioner 

2. That would be too expensive for a small league like the CAA. It’s already crazy enough that this conference has teams flying from NC to Maine for football. This has to be the most diverse and random conference in college athletics 

3. Most of those teams would not join

4. League doesn’t know what they want to be

5. See 1 again 

• Like 1

Look at this football guy! I love it man. Need 100 more of him living in Timonium.

Also, I like the marketing blitz they did with the wallet sized football schedules uptown. Saw them in a few places 

Not much evidence of excitement for the season on this board. Maybe that's because fewer people pay attention to TowsonFans.com in the summer, but I hope that changes. I think there's a lot to be jazzed about, even if the new staff was behind the 8-ball on recruiting this year. I think we'll see an improved brand of play, even if the end result is a 5-6 or 6-5 season. And maybe -- just maybe -- the 2023 team will outperform expectations.