• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Appears to be a good get. His stats and awards from MEAC, rebounding, cans a few treys - all looks solid except maybe FTs. And he arrives as a guard when we are suddenly shorthanded there by at least 1.

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

Given the circumstances, a solid pick up. Seems like they knew something for a while and had this on the back burner 

I’m not trying to kick sand on Conway, but I think there’s an argument to make that Tarke is the better all around player (defense/steals/rebounding and perhaps better at creating his own shot). Time will tell 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not trying to kick sand on Conway, but I think there’s an argument to make that Tarke is the better all around player (defense/steals/rebounding and perhaps better at creating his own shot). Time will tell 

I don’t disagree. But shooting is needed still, however his all around game seems to be better and this late in the game, can’t complain.  1000 point scorers who average 6 rebounds a game while also 2 assists and 2 steals don’t grow on trees

Just hope 23 is also ok

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I absolutely agree. Tarke was one of the transfers I wanted back when we were waiting out the laundry list of players. Conway was obviously a higher-rated recruit, but the shooting seemed like his one good skill. He does do that better than Tarke, but Tarke was First-Team All-MEAC in 2021-22 and Second-Team last year. On paper he also looks like a solid scorer and plus defensive player. He also has solid size at 6'4 and pulled down nearly six rebounds a game last year. Seems like he could be a better all-around player than Conway. Unfortunately, we still really needed a knock-down shooter, which Conway was when you left him wide open. This should be a very athletic and good defensive team next year. The offense might be a little dicey. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I absolutely agree. Tarke was one of the transfers I wanted back when we were waiting out the laundry list of players. Conway was obviously a higher-rated recruit, but the shooting seemed like his one good skill. He does do that better than Tarke, but Tarke was First-Team All-MEAC in 2021-22 and Second-Team last year. On paper he also looks like a solid scorer and plus defensive player. He also has solid size at 6'4 and pulled down nearly six rebounds a game last year. Seems like he could be a better all-around player than Conway. Unfortunately, we still really needed a knock-down shooter, which Conway was when you left him wide open. This should be a very athletic and good defensive team next year. The offense might be a little dicey. 

The ground and pound rock fight tigers are back!

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Without a proven PG, and with a pretty athletic group, I hope we get out in transition more often. Walking it up the court, running the shot clock down, and heaving up a desperate last second shot is not a formula for success 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Oh no, I can’t stand the skerry’s snooze fest style of defense, rebounding, and relying on getting to the free throw like to score points at a 68% conversion rate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Oh no, I can’t stand the skerry’s snooze fest style of defense, rebounding, and relying on getting to the free throw like to score points at a 68% conversion rate

They will run a lot more this season than in the past. The three point shooting will likely be down for obvious reasons.