• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Oak Hill Academy would beat Oak Hill.  

I don’t disagree on that. But what kind of “challenge”/rivalry game can we create with them?!

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I don’t disagree on that. But what kind of “challenge”/rivalry game can we create with them?!

My post was about college basketball in general.  Not Towson.  
Hadn’t seen a score like that before. 

3 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

My post was about college basketball in general.  Not Towson.  
Hadn’t seen a score like that before. 

Coaches and ADs need to do better. No reason any teams should be scheduling games like thee. They have just over 100 students enrolled..

On 12/8/2023 at 4:25 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Blakeny hasn’t been doing so hot at odu so that makes us feel a bit better.

Maletic is scoring at Toledo? Really? He’s scored as much as Watson and tarke combined 

Yep, misread last year's stats. Happens from time to time. 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Can’t believe Bryant lost to StonyBrook

i feel good about beating this guys now

Well, they beat Florida Atlantic and lost to Stony Brook so clearly we can't take anything for granted when it comes to which version of Bryant will show up. Most importantly, we need build off our recent play at home. This is a good game to establish some consistency on the road.

I know it is a neutral-site game, but for the most part our play away from home has been very subpar. In the first five games away from SECU we averaged 52.8 ppg, shooting 33.4% and 23.9% from three, and have 63 turnovers. The 12.6 turnovers per game wouldn't have been that bad, except when you take into account that we averaging slightly over 60 possessions a game.

We have definitely regained our footing the last two games. In the UMBC game, we shot 35-67 (52.2%) and 11-26 (42.3%) from three. A game at UMBC down the road is a little bit difference than away sites we are we have to take a couple of days to go there and back, but it is something to build from. The last three halfs we have shot 50-94 (53.1%). Clearly the styles, pace and lack of defense of UMBC and UMass (75th in tempo) played into our hands, but Bryant also plays at a very fast tempo (24th in the nation in possessions) and 306th in offensive efficiency (UMBC was 240th).