• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

8 hours ago, Blounge said:

Kansas Jayhawks fans have nothing but mean things to say about the towson transfer!

There will be some here who will be hurt about that haha

Volume shooter. Needs shots to get going. Isn’t getting them at Kansas.  Tough for him. I wanted him to do well but he’s in way over his head in speed and skill at that level. 
Not sure how Spencer was ranked lower than him in the portal.  He was doing it at Rutgers while Nick was here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

There will be some here who will be hurt about that haha

Volume shooter. Needs shots to get going. Isn’t getting them at Kansas.  Tough for him. I wanted him to do well but he’s in way over his head in speed and skill at that level. 
Not sure how Spencer was ranked lower than him in the portal.  He was doing it at Rutgers while Nick was here 

Hindsight is 20/20, but he might have been better off not going to a pressure cooker like Kansas-someplace maybe a rung down on the talent level. Long way to go in the season, but hopefully this doesn’t adversely impact his efforts to land an overseas contract 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but he might have been better off not going to a pressure cooker like Kansas-someplace maybe a rung down on the talent level. Long way to go in the season, but hopefully this doesn’t adversely impact his efforts to land an overseas contract 

He chose Kansas over UCONN or anyone else because he probably is receiving the most money from Kansas.  All things being even and if it did come down to Kansas and UCONN they both probably have equal opportunity to win, probably provided an equal opportunity of playing time.  Promised NIL money might have been a tipping point.  I have never been a Bill Self fan, but I have been following Kansas closely this year because I know a starting freshman on the team.  Watching videos he posted and Kansas post in addition to the money the accommodations they provide their players is insane.  Like a basketball court IN their dormitory.  

34 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

He chose Kansas over UCONN or anyone else because he probably is receiving the most money from Kansas.  All things being even and if it did come down to Kansas and UCONN they both probably have equal opportunity to win, probably provided an equal opportunity of playing time.  Promised NIL money might have been a tipping point.  I have never been a Bill Self fan, but I have been following Kansas closely this year because I know a starting freshman on the team.  Watching videos he posted and Kansas post in addition to the money the accommodations they provide their players is insane.  Like a basketball court IN their dormitory.  

My guess is he got six figures to go to Kansas. Hard to turn that down, but will be interesting to see what, if any, effect a bad season (assuming he has one) has on where he lands overseas and how much he gets paid 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

He wanted to play in march too so don’t blame him for leaving and trying to get a ring. He was here 5 years and did what he could. 

57 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Don’t blame him for taking the most money. Interesting if this extra year hurts his chances to play and make more money overseas than if he went straight there last year 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blounge said:

Kansas Jayhawks fans have nothing but mean things to say about the towson transfer!

It’s tough to see but in the KU games I’ve watched, he’s been a non-factor and he’s looked overmatched at times.  In the IU game Saturday, he missed early and had a turnover and was missing on D.  I don’t think he played in the 2nd half.  Still rooting for him but sometimes when you’re a big fish in a mid-major pond it doesn’t always translate to the big stage.  

7 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Joey Calcaterra he is not thus far but maybe he gets in a rhythm once Big12 play starts… 7 for 26 from 3 in 10 minutes a game is not good. 

Kansas has him standing behind the three point line. Not a lot of moving. He was effective here running off screens catching and shooting, deep or mid range. Hunter Dickinson and Kevin McCullar aren’t going to be setting many screens for their 5th scoring option when on the court 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He wanted to play in march too so don’t blame him for leaving and trying to get a ring. He was here 5 years and

Could you kindly point out where I blamed him for leaving? I must have missed that part of my post. To the contrary, I applaud him for staying here for as long as he did, and for morphing his game to the point where the KU’s of the world coveted him. Sorry, but it’s a real pet peeve of mine when someone attributes a comment to me that I never made 

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Could you kindly point out where I blamed him for leaving? I must have missed that part of my post. To the contrary, I applaud him for staying here for as long as he did, and for morphing his game to the point where the KU’s of the world coveted him. Sorry, but it’s a real pet peeve of mine when someone attributes a comment to me that I never made 

Didn’t include “I”. I think we all feel that way. Didn’t mean for that to come off you were blaming him for leaving.

Anyone who stays involved in this program voluntarily for 4 and even 5 years is one sick demented person 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1