• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

We are really celebrating the second longest tenured coach without a trip to the dance or conference championship APPEARANCE?! .538 win percentage.(187-160) without the first year. Not even getting into the big game failures.

Hanging as many community service banners in the rafters as anything for on court success is damning.

Facts are you friends. Don’t be scared of them!

Honest question do most of you have pro or college sports team that you root for and watch??

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

We are really celebrating the second longest tenured coach without a trip to the dance or conference championship APPEARANCE?! .538 win percentage.(187-160) without the first year. Not even getting into the big game failures.

Hanging as many community service banners in the rafters as anything for on court success is damning.

Facts are you friends. Don’t be scared of them!

Honest question do most of you have pro or college sports team that you root for and watch??

All “4” Philly teams.  Stuck with them since birth.  Inherited USF college sports being that I live next to the campus since 2000.  

Monmouth next week..  can’t wait.  Our quest for the dance starts.   After seeing what Wake Forest has done I think we have a solid group to make a run at this thing. 

Gonna be a fun ride..  enjoy.  

13 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

It was one extension and it was probably for too many years.  It's not like they've been tacking on a year each year.  Though if it would make some of you squirm a bit more with anger, it would be kinda funny if they did that.  But keep up that negativity!  👍

No negativity whatsoever. as Colonel Jessup said....."You cant handle the truth". Skerry is a coach who can get his team to beat Goucher all day long, but lose every game that matters. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s reading it all and ready to give this message board a nice big shit burger to eat come March.   This is Pat’s year….

2024 🕺

IMG_1217.jpeg

I guess sooner or later you will be right

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s reading it all and ready to give this message board a nice big shit burger to eat come March.   This is Pat’s year….

2024 🕺

IMG_1217.jpeg

Love da positivity !  And let’s be honest; really only need to serve up 3 or 4 shitburgers (unfortunately; it’s those that scream/cry da loudest) rest of us are amped for league play !   #2024🕺 

2 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

Love da positivity !  And let’s be honest; really only need to serve up 3 or 4 shitburgers (unfortunately; it’s those that scream/cry da loudest) rest of us are amped for league play !   #2024🕺 

Why don’t we all just wish the few of us on this board a safe, happy, healthy new year and move on to conference play. Realistically, I think we all know what the end result is going to be. Past performance in this case is likely indicative of future results, but stranger things have happened…I guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

All “4” Philly teams.  Stuck with them since birth.  Inherited USF college sports being that I live next to the campus since 2000.  

Monmouth next week..  can’t wait.  Our quest for the dance starts.   After seeing what Wake Forest has done I think we have a solid group to make a run at this thing. 

Gonna be a fun ride..  enjoy.  

So do you and other fans put up with losing?  My guess would be no.

Monmouth is probably one of the 2/3 biggest games of the year.  They are a vastly improved team and we aren’t playing them in March where King might actually choke more than Pat.  Haven’t won a road game all year. Can we get the first one in conference play? If not we could be looking at a 1-4 start. Scoring is going

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Why don’t we all just wish the few of us on this board a safe, happy, healthy new year and move on to conference play. Realistically, I think we all know what the end result is going to be. Past performance in this case is likely indicative of future results, but stranger things have happened…I guess. 

Happy new year.  One day and closer to end. Caa is pretty top heavy and we are likely right in the middle, 6-10 range. Having a tougher schedule in league play than other teams does not help 

• Like 1

I’m trying to look at this objectively without calling out everyone on the board. Right now, there are too many issues and not just on offense. We're playing three first-year freshmen major minutes and Jaiden Cole is not part of that equation-yet.  That's usually not a formula for success. Can some and several be solved? Will the freshmen continue to improve? Of course that could hapen. Could Marcus Watson show up and save the day? That’s a real long shot. Jones has been a huge disappointment and he appears at least a step slow on defense. Sulaiman has some struggles defensively, but at least he's a decent finisher down low. I like that he's patient with his moves and uses his body, even if he doesn't have a jump hook.

Charles has to be February 2022 Charlie for this team to have a chance. Depth is better now that Tarke is around. The one thing I’d change in conference play is to push the tempo more. Another would be to play Tejada at power forward.

Ok, I meant three things (lol). I like that we were beginning to show some backcourt pressure off of made free throws (we don't always make the 2nd). When you have Lowery and Tarke on the floor, we need to do something funky on the defensive end to utilize Lowery's 7-2 wingspan and Tarke's quick hands. If Hicks came back it would be a luxury for the defensive end, but that sounds like he's not coming back any time soon, if at all. 

That's a lot to ask for CAA play that they can be better than UNCW, Hofstra, Drexel, Delaware and Charleston with so many problems in non-conference play. I'm not saying that they'll win one game, because the bottom of this league is dreadful and 5-6th place is realistic if we solve some of those issues. To get to the top, we have to be a lot better at finishing in the paint, making more than 62% of our free throws, making threes outside of May, defending better from the PF position, fewer turnovers against the press and overall and pushing the ball more in transition when it's available.

• Like 1