• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Happy Friday, fellow Tigers.

Going a bit off-topic here but with respect to Towson’s historic sports marketing challenges and missteps, I think there could be the potential for a timely and relevant earned media boost in the near future. 

Now that Towson alum Kristin Juszczyk has new found fame as being a fashion design icon, with clients including Taylor Swift, I think Pat Skerry should send his measurements to Kristin for a custom Towson “fit” to be worn in future post game press conferences, particularly in the very, very, very, unlikely chance we qualify for the NCAA Tournament. The program would get a lot of nice coverage and Pat would look like a total boss. 

In all seriousness someone needs to contact her and ask for her to design some new Towson swag. The Juszczyk line exclusively for Towson. 

Go Tigers!!

• Like 2

Dan Campbell showed yesterday that in sports coaching sticking to your guns and what got you there doesn’t always work in the postseason.  I’m sure PS was watching that Detroit collapse and reminded that when we get to March you don’t have to coach the same exact way.  
Waking up today and happy for my Niners fans sons but also shaking my head at the pure stupidity of a coach and his stubbornness.  

If this is indeed our season to finally get to the Big Dance 🕺 then our players and coaches were just given a glimpse of what not to do!

Now waiting anxiously for Bracketology to be updated and see where we hypothetically land!!!   Please Please no Spokane!!!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Now waiting anxiously for Bracketology to be updated and see where we hypothetically land!!!   Please Please no Spokane!!!

???

8 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Drexel was in it last week.  We in essence should have bumped them this week when Lunardi updates it.  

For one bid conferences Lunardi puts the first-place team in his Bracketology so the Dragons should still remain.

• Like 2

I think Lunardi just puts whoever is in first place in one-bid conference leagues during the regular-season. You might be giving him too much credit for following what is truly going on at a mid-major level. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

I think Lunardi just puts whoever is in first place in one-bid conference leagues during the regular-season. You might be giving him too much credit for following what is truly going on at a mid-major level. 

Drexel hadn’t lost a game until last week. 
He had UNC Wilmington previously before them.  The man is a guru and just doesn’t cut and paste.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger