• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

10 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

We beat Charleston, UNCW & Drexel but I get it.   

I get that but we have some ugly losses both in and ooc.  So when you’re not ranked early on, it’s not as easy to move up. It’s really meaningless. Just need to keep winning. Important three game stretch coming up

I understand that the team is now playing better than they (Towson) have in a while. The players seem to be doing well. 

You may view this as negative rather than realistic....but as Ravens fan currently know......winning in the regular season is nice and enjoyable, but you are judged by what you do in the post season. If this team maintains and wins the championship, then there is something worthwhile to celebrate. All you have to do is read about a player going from MVP on a Saturday to (according to Stephen A. Smith) a choke artist in 24 hours. 

Just the way sports works. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tgr4life said:

I understand that the team is now playing better than they (Towson) have in a while. The players seem to be doing well. 

You may view this as negative rather than realistic....but as Ravens fan currently know......winning in the regular season is nice and enjoyable, but you are judged by what you do in the post season. If this team maintains and wins the championship, then there is something worthwhile to celebrate. All you have to do is read about a player going from MVP on a Saturday to (according to Stephen A. Smith) a choke artist in 24 hours. 

There is no doubt that postseason in American sports is the end all be all and the bottom line for your how your results are measured. However, it is about 10% (if that) of what you watch as a real fan during the year. While it controls the whole narrative, there has to be some enjoyment of the journey and it can't all be wiped out by the postseason results. Yes, I realize I am making a statement that will rehash the same old tired arguments we always have here. For our particular program, we are all in agreement the NCAA Tournament is the thing, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy smacking Charleston and grabbing a win at their place, ending Drexel's unbeaten run, taking down UNC-W, or completing the first half of sweeping the chickens out of this conference. To me it is about staying in the present and seeing what this interesting mix of young and more experienced players can do, and then hoping and praying when we get to March that we can get it right finally. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

There is no doubt that postseason in American sports is the end all be all and the bottom line for your how your results are measured. However, it is about 10% (if that) of what you watch as a real fan during the year. While it controls the whole narrative, there has to be some enjoyment of the journey and it can't all be wiped out by the postseason results. Yes, I realize I am making a statement that will rehash the same old tired arguments we always have here. For our particular program, we are all in agreement the NCAA Tournament is the thing, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy smacking Charleston and grabbing a win at their place, ending Drexel's unbeaten run, taking down UNC-W, or completing the first half of sweeping the chickens out of this conference. To me it is about staying in the present and seeing what this interesting mix of young and more experienced players can do, and then hoping and praying when we get to March that we can get it right finally. 

I agree with you on much of what you say. I enjoyed watching the Ravens beat the Niiners, Dolphins, Lions, Seahawks, etc........, but turn it around.......if Towson loses to all of the CAA teams during the season and then wins the conference championship, PS gets an extension for winning the games that really matter. May be right.....may be wrong, but this is the way of the world. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the win, but realize the Towson games in january, and february  are nothing more than exhibition games. The win over Charleston and 10 cents gets you a cup of coffee at your local read's Drug Store.....(you have to be a certain age to remember the context here....lol)I know I am overstating, but in the end, that is what this really is. 

Edited by Tgr4life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

+1. 
Went from being bad to winning a few games to winning seasons then to 20+ wins to being top 3 seeds but at the end there’s nothing to show for when talking about the ultimate goal 

2 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

I agree with you on much of what you say. I enjoyed watching the Ravens beat the Niiners, Dolphins, Lions, Seahawks, etc........, but turn it around.......if Towson loses to all of the CAA teams during the season and then wins the conference championship, PS gets an extension for winning the games that really matter. May be right.....may be wrong, but this is the way of the world. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the win, but realize the Towson games in january, and february  are nothing more than exhibition games. The win over Charleston and 10 cents gets you a cup of coffee at your local read's Drug Store.....(you have to be a certain age to remember the context here....lol)I know I am overstating, but in the end, that is what this really is. 

So anyone who thinks Skerry should be fired means Harbaugh should…right???

• Like 1