• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Too early for awards but glancing at Lowery stats..  

18 minutes a game 

3.9 rebounds 17 steals 24 blocks 

Only 3.6 points a game but this guy has been truly an unsung hero for us as he’s played out of position at times and he just really does the little things on the court that don’t always show up in the box score   

*28 assists to 17 turnovers 👏  Stat that really jumps out to me  

38 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Too early for awards but glancing at Lowery stats..  

18 minutes a game 

3.9 rebounds 17 steals 24 blocks 

Only 3.6 points a game but this guy has been truly an unsung hero for us as he’s played out of position at times and he just really does the little things on the court that don’t always show up in the box score   

*28 assists to 17 turnovers 👏  Stat that really jumps out to me  

Notwithstanding his limited production on offense, he’s a difference maker on D

• Like 1

Amazing to me although it shouldn’t be a shock how the referees pick and choose what rules they will enforce. 
Gonzaga fans not once but twice threw trash onto the floor and no technical foul was assessed.   

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Amazing to me although it shouldn’t be a shock how the referees pick and choose what rules they will enforce. 
Gonzaga fans not once but twice threw trash onto the floor and no technical foul was assessed.   

Most of it is game management.  I don't remember the last time I saw a crowd get T'd up for littering the floor, though from what the announcers were saying with what was getting thrown, it was certainly warranted.  But I also think the officials want to use that as an absolute last resort, especially in a game that was as close as that one was.  Basically, refs are pretty spineless when it comes to dishing out techs that aren't by the book (like pushing off in a scrum).  They've said that bench decorum was a point of emphasis this year yet every college coach storms all over the place without penalty.  Of course, Scott Drew got ejected last night for something incredibly benign so there's always someone out there who has to impress the assignor.

• Like 1

We got a tech in the ECC championship game, which I believe was in 1990 at the Towson Center against Lehigh (Rider was the next season). Some idiot threw a coke or some soft drink from the bleachers above the basket where nobody ever sat because the place was never full. Refs blew a tech and the fans blew a gasket but mainly at the person that threw or dropped the drink (I assume threw).