• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

They sure as hell know how to get their best teams into the dance with their 8 game (seems like it) bye in their tourney. 😆 

don’t they add the beavs and cougars next year? Washington state is gonna be the second team and only other team in the pac, besides Arizona, to make it.

Top 2 seeds make semis.  Yep. 
Kyle Smith will be headed to bigger program and taking his staff with him.  Safe to say Wash St will be gutted for their start in WCC play next season.  
Randy Bennett gonna retire likely after this the 25-26’ season so they could really dip as well.  
Zags unlike other Mid Majors have been smart to stick around and continue to make dance every year.  

40 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

We need relegation in college basketball 

IMG_6200.png

If that were the case we would have had to work our way back from being in the Cecil County Youth Rec, 10 and under league. 

maybe just maybe, we do something smart like get rid of conference tournaments.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If that were the case we would have had to work our way back from being in the Cecil County Youth Rec, 10 and under league. 

59 point loss in Vegas.. I demand an investigation 😃

32 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m not sure that’s going to happen. I seem to recall hearing something though about some conference that’s going to do away with every team making its conference tournament. That would eliminate a bottom feeder catching lightning in a bottle and knocking off a top seed. I guess it would also make the regular season conference games even more important. 

I also wonder if the CAA would ever go to playing the tournament games on campus, rather than a neutral site 

Get rid of conference tournaments because of one lopsided score? Y’all must be joking. Conference tournaments are great for the most part, at the mid major level. Last year’s UNCW/Hofstra OT game was phenomenal and our semifinal was pretty good. I’ll never forget W&M getting shocked by Elon in 2020 in D.C. Narrow it down to eight teams where you just have a quarterfinal and put the game on campus of the top seed.  Guaranteed big crowds unless the home team loses and then you get typical crowds we see in D.C. Every league has its own agenda

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Get rid of conference tournaments because of one lopsided score? Y’all must be joking. Conference tournaments are great for the most part, at the mid major level. Last year’s UNCW/Hofstra OT game was phenomenal and our semifinal was pretty good. I’ll never forget W&M getting shocked by Elon in 2020 in D.C. Narrow it down to eight teams where you just have a quarterfinal and put the game on campus of the top seed.  Guaranteed big crowds unless the home team loses and then you get typical crowds we see in D.C. Every league has its own agenda

Not because of one lopsided score. I want the best teams in March. Those are the teams that have shown it over a 20 day stretch rather than 3 days. Too many mid major 1s get knocked off and seeing a 18-15 league champ over a 26-7 team in the tournament isn’t good (well good for power 6 programs. Just like conference tournaments are good for major programs but hurts mid majors). 
If so minimize the teamS and give top teams better advantages a la the WCC.  This is also for a league where there’s a balanced schedule, unlike the caa in its current format. 

• Like 1

Tim Leonard lays the hammer in Carbondale and fires a very young coach (who happened to be one of the best players in their program), coming off 3 straight winning seasons With a 23 win campaign last season. Sheesh. But here he just extended a coach nonstop