• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

22 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Sure, they’ll stay local for NIL What does a good recruiter even mean anymore? It’s the ones with the biggest bag.

Unfortunately you may be right

8 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Decent matchup of teams that have deprived their respective fanbases of appearances in the NCAA Tournament this century. They have averaged 18.5 wins the last five years and are 73-31 in the Southland in the timeframe. 

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:45 PM, mat1992 said:

Sure, they’ll stay local for NIL What does a good recruiter even mean anymore? It’s the ones with the biggest bag.

Matt, I just read an article that proves you are 100% correct. Mike Locksley said, in effect, his new 147 million dollar facility is irrelevant. To quote him " A kid will get dressed in a trash can for $25,000." He also said "relationships are almost irrelevant" Very sad thoughts....or actually, they are facts. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

Matt, I just read an article that proves you are 100% correct. Mike Locksley said, in effect, his new 147 million dollar facility is irrelevant. To quote him " A kid will get dressed in a trash can for $25,000." He also said "relationships are almost irrelevant" Very sad thoughts....or actually, they are facts. 

Sad but true. The next high school kid I try to recruit will be the first one, but I bet I could win many a recruiting competition against experienced smooth talking recruiters by the simple expedient of writing a bigger check than the other guy. 

21 hours ago, mat1992 said:

A home game that close to Xmas that I can attend?  Guess I know where I’ll be that day. 

So…Bryant neutral, at Colorado, Nicholls home.  Haven’t heard any others trickle out so far. 

17 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

A home game that close to Xmas that I can attend?  Guess I know where I’ll be that day. 

So…Bryant neutral, at Colorado, Nicholls home.  Haven’t heard any others trickle out so far. 

UMass return game at home, Robert Morris and Morgan at home, UMBC and Coppin on the road